[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

BaM hyper "Party Shield - Persist" does nothing

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Skill

Brief bug summary: Battle Mage hyper skill "Party Shield - Persist" does not make the "Party Shield" last longer.

More details:
Battle Mage's 4th job skill "Party Shield" creates a stationary shield area that reduces all incoming damage (including %HP damage) by 10%.
The shield lasts 40 seconds.
The skill has 180 second cooldown.
Battle Mage has a hyper skill "Party Shield - Persist" which is supposed to make the shield duration 20 seconds longer. This is what it does in KMS (verified with KMS BaMs).
In GMS, the hyper skill does nothing, and the shield still lasts only 40 seconds even after investing hyper skill point in "Party Shield - Persist".

Steps to reproduce:
1. Be a level 200 Battle Mage (I think the hyper unlocks at 177, not entirely certain)
2. Have level 30 "Party Shield" 4th job skill.
3. Cast "Party Shield". Observe that the resulting dome-shaped shield lasts for 40 seconds.
4. Add a hyper skill point to "Party Shield - Persist" in the Passive Hyper Skills tab. Observe that its description states "Duration: +20 seconds".
5. Cast "Party Shield" again (might have to wait for cooldown to end). Observe that the resulting shield still lasts only 40 seconds.
MegaScienceHeIpHan

Comments

• HeIpHanHeIpHan
    Reactions: 900
    edited March 2017
    IC75mYY.jpgATF0hrl.jpgAyQBG1X.jpg

Yes, It is indeed glitched.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited March 2017
    To correct this thread, the the hyper skill works correctly. The issue is that the visual effect disappears. I've honestly just gotten used to it, seeing as I reported this a few years ago in the MLC. Little good that did.

I've tested it in bosses like Arkarium, the effect was still there after the shield visibly disappeared.
    JettLuvsUHeIpHan
  • HeIpHanHeIpHan
    edited March 2017
    To correct this thread, the the hyper skill works correctly. The issue is that the visual effect disappears. I've honestly just gotten used to it, seeing as I reported this a few years ago in the MLC. Little good that did.

I've tested it in bosses like Arkarium, the effect was still there after the shield visibly disappeared.

Thank you for the correcting the exact details of the glitch.
    Too bad my 'imagination' and 'memory' can't keep up to remind me that the shield is actually there in middle of busy high tier boss run like Lotus/Damien/Lucid. f7

• HeIpHanHeIpHan
    edited March 2017
    On addition of the topic.

I am getting some scenario where I have certain chance to D/C while invisible Party Shield effect applies at Boss.
    Cpiere, Cvellum, & Lotus.

Not sure if it is just me who is experiencing this issue, or if I could call it a glitch/bug for certain though.