[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How to gear

DutchbowDutchbow
Reactions: 200
edited March 2017 in General Chat
Hey guys,

Im a returning player. I used to play like 8-9 years ago.
Alot has changed.
Atm i have a lvl 166 wind archer with only 60K range. Wich makes it very hard to train in stronghold and such.
So i need better gear (the 150 gear). The thing is: Everything on the market is 1+ bill per item. and i only have 50 mill.
I made myself a kanna (wich is lvl 129 now) to farm mesos. But i need mesos % gear, wich you get by cubing. And cubing cost alot of money wich i dont have..

What should i do now? Im a bit stuck. Getting a bit desperate. I play on europe.

All tips or suggestions are very welcome. Thanks in advanced.

Ps: Sorry for my bad engish. Im from the Netherlands

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    If you're in Luna, you don't need a Kanna to farm meso. Farming meso only works in Reboot, because monsters there drop 5x as much meso.

In order to make meso in a normal server, you have to sell stuff to other players. What kind of stuff? Elite boss rewards (clean slate scrolls, epic potential scrolls), cubic blades (drop from mysterious veins and from elite mobs), sweetwater accessories (do the Commerci questline and start going on voyages), superior item crystals (extracted from equipment drops from mobs and bosses), certain crafting materials (or use them yourself to make potions people will buy), and so on.

Basically, look through FM and Auction House, and see what people are selling that you have, too, and didn't think to sell.

Other than that, make sure to fight all the bosses you can every day, NPC the potions for meso, extract the equipment for crystals to sell, and use the cubes, stamps, scrolls, and whatever other good things they drop to improve your gear.

I also recommend joining a guild that can give you advice and a helping hand.

Good luck.
  • DutchbowDutchbow
    Reactions: 200
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for your fast reply!

Ill see what i can do. For now ill just stick with doing my bosses. Getting some face accs, and upgrade them. Will buy myself a lill cute shop thing and try to sell it. Thanks for ur fast reply
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Dutchbow wrote: »
    Thanks for your fast reply!

Ill see what i can do. For now ill just stick with doing my bosses. Getting some face accs, and upgrade them. Will buy myself a lill cute shop thing and try to sell it. Thanks for ur fast reply

You can sell for free in Auction House, if you'd rather.