[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[suggestion]Extra options in the nexon launcher

YakudleYakudle
Reactions: 2,085
edited March 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
can we have something like in the option settings of the game the option to have a region selected to play from the start? it could help to make short the time in order to get in the game {yea the image its made with paint lol}

alFMIZ3.png
AlexFIvangoldJettLuvsU

Comments

• SesomSlayerSesomSlayer
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited April 2017
    Does that one click really matter, I mean cmon, it's 3 seconds or something?

I think there are more important things to fix in Maplestory.. ;)
  • YakudleYakudle
    edited April 2017

i can say that id love to just launch the game and play just like that no need to have the region option select everytime you launch the game if you could set up in the config options
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited April 2017
    Considering how many times this screen made people not play the game or wait to go, this would be great, easyer to log-in and faster overall.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited April 2017

Yes, it DOES matter, A LOT. The importance level of issues that need changed are a matter of personal discretion. In my opinion, these small moves that benefit us and save time by removing pointless selections from the already overcomplicated process of logging in to the game are a really big deal to a lot of players. Do not underestimate the impact of such changes, no matter how big or small.

I'm all for this change and I do not believe it would be terribly complicated to implement it.
  • SesomSlayerSesomSlayer
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited April 2017

Yes, it DOES matter, A LOT. The importance level of issues that need changed are a matter of personal discretion. In my opinion, these small moves that benefit us and save time by removing pointless selections from the already overcomplicated process of logging in to the game are a really big deal to a lot of players. Do not underestimate the impact of such changes, no matter how big or small.

I'm all for this change and I do not believe it would be terribly complicated to implement it.

I didn't say I don't like the suggestion, and I didn't say it doesn't matter to me or other players, you should re-read my post. I think the suggestion is nice, but I am only saying that MapleStory has more important issues to fix first, so it's better that dev's can use their time on urgent and important issues, instead of fixing something what's doesn't need fixing.

Maybe I am looking from another perspective, because I am a game-designer myself, and what I can say is that 3 seconds extra firing up a game does not matter to players, it won't make you stop or start playing the game.

To conclude, of course it will definitely be nicer to be in the game directly, everybody who plays MapleStory would agree with that, including me :)
  • YakudleYakudle
    edited April 2017

I didn't say I don't like the suggestion, and I didn't say it doesn't matter to me or other players, you should re-read my post. I think the suggestion is nice, but I am only saying that MapleStory has more important issues to fix first, so it's better that dev's can use their time on urgent and important issues, instead of fixing something what's doesn't need fixing.

Maybe I am looking from another perspective, because I am a game-designer myself, and what I can say is that 3 seconds extra firing up a game does not matter to players, it won't make you stop or start playing the game.

To conclude, of course it will definitely be nicer to be in the game directly, everybody who plays MapleStory would agree with that, including me :)

am glad you like the suggestiong but i dont agree with you saying it does not matter to players since am pretty sure everyone in would like this
    so it does matter even with the nasty issues maplestory has but i also care about those yet am not in liberty to say what am involved cause my posts would get expunged soo i hope they somehow can at least check out this small suggestion uh i been thinking as well on a rebuild of the lists of suggestions but maybe later after a big update comes