[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Question about Arcane River

SabbmonsterSabbmonster
Reactions: 990
edited April 2017 in General Chat
Where's the rant and rave section so I can complain about the floating lantern things in Arcane River? Bad enough I have to kill the bouncing black bloodcell things with twigs sticking out of them while doing very little damage to them, I have to deal with this green floating ball of death.
I'm a Bishop and it feels like being breathed on is deadly to me. How am I supposed to quest here?
[Edit] I found the rants and raves. But there's a question here.
How am I supposed to quest in this area without the arcane power to start off with? Slowly and deadly?

Comments

• JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Slowly and deadly?

Yes. After getting the starter arcane symbol, you go through the questline with V skill and whatever range you have.
    It sucks, but in the end you unlock dailies. (yay.)
    Sabbmonster
  • SabbmonsterSabbmonster
    edited April 2017
    I keep dying and losing exp. I almost dont want to level anymore.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    If you're talking about the first "kill 10 happy erdas" quest, ask a friend, or even a stranger in Nameless Town, to help you. It was incredibly difficult before, and adding the anti-afk mobs just made it practically impossible.

As for the Vanishing Journey questline... slowly and painfully. Focus on keeping the anti-afk monster away until it dies, and then you get almost 5 minutes of normal (difficult) hunting. Or, again, find a friend to help.
    Yes, it doesn't make sense that we'd need to be "carried" for a quest line, and maybe that's part of the reason Vanishing Journey mobs are getting nerfed (less HP but also less EXP) in about two months.
    SabbmonsterJettLuvsUbumbertyr
  • SabbmonsterSabbmonster
    edited April 2017
    I've lost my entire bar of exp so far and I was just about to level too. Oh well.
    At least I'm 8/10 for the mobs.
    I've decided I hate this place.
  • MewBlueberryMewBlueberry
    Reactions: 1,530
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Whew, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who struggled with that questline. Honestly, I don't know what I would have done if my guildmates weren't there to help me kill the monsters.
    Sabbmonster
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited April 2017
    will admit the arcane river is a little bit more on the difficult side, I feel like the difficulty was to encourage people to work together initially when entering the area.
    Sabbmonsterperiix