[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Questions regarding rule breaking actions

DalethDaleth
Reactions: 1,855
edited April 2017 in General Chat
Heyall! I was considering doing a couple things, but wanted to be 100% sure it was ok before doing them, here they are: (pick results in poll if you want)

1. Are macros (for example I want to be able to press several nebulite/potential given skills at once and the game does not support dragging them onto the built in macro system) against the rules?
2. Code injection: I wanted to make a custom addon to maplestory for the purpose of adding things like a item lookup, wikia integration, and possibly a better chat viewing system (like having area chat appear in a much easier to read window like maple chat is, or muting spammers by filtering their messages, etc) -- but I am not sure if this is allowed - hacked clients/bots use code injection (or occasionally window hooking) to accomplish their dirty deeds, but this would be for the purpose of bettering the game play experience with no unfair advantage, and it would be available publicly (once it was stable and useful enough) -- Is all of this against the rules, or no?
  1. choose the _rule breaking_ options3 votes
    1. 1
       0% (0 votes)
    2. 2
       0% (0 votes)
    3. 1 & 2
       67% (2 votes)
    4. 1 & unsure
       0% (0 votes)
    5. unsure & 2
       0% (0 votes)
    6. unsure & unsure
       33% (1 vote)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    1. Not allowed. But unlikely to be detected if really all you're doing is macroing your buffs.

2. Doesn't matter what the purpose is, you are not allowed to modify a single bit in the maplestory client (including dll's and wz's) or its communication with the server.
    If you want a better chat window, you'll have to make a suggestion to Nexon and hope they implement it into the game.
    Daleth
  • DalethDaleth
    Reactions: 1,855
    edited April 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    not allowed to modify a single bit

a single bit

bit

...I see what you did there.

--