[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.232 Blooming Forest Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Tinkerer's Quest

ArwenArwen
Reactions: 1,330
edited April 2017 in General Chat
Well...I still kinda confuse with this Tinkerer things. I have already a yellow and red shoulder and I want to upgrade it. Last time I wanna upgrade, it's only give me a new yellow Shoulder/belt. This time, i don't wanna fall into the trap anymore and wasting my Tinkerer's chest. How can i upgrade my Yellow and Red Tinkerer without doing the yellow one again? Should we do that all the time? It's really ridiculous. How can we continue to upgrade our shoulder/belt from previous one if we have to start again everytime the event available? Why can't we just upgrade it?

Comments

• SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    FYI it can tier up or tier down when upgrading. Red can go black but can also go blue.
  • ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 1,330
    edited April 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    Hey!

It's only a chance to upgrade from one grade to the next. It isn't 100% guaranteed.

The steps to upgrade is to have a Tinkerer chest in your inventory,
    Go to Yulia, and select the Second Option "Misc.. Upgrade the Tinkerer's set"
    Here select the color that you have, so if you have a Red Shoulder, select the Red Shoulder
    If it passes you'll get upgraded to black.

During Marvel season they also tend to increase the rate of upgrade from Red > Black. It is best to do it then.
    She will tell you this dialogue when you're going to upgrade it.

Hope this helps. P.S I also think it should be 100% pass to go from one color to the next.

I did that..but it keep asking me to do somekind of prequest. I killed 200 monsters then she asked me again, which one i wanna get..so it means you start from the beginning again. And i just wanna try to upgrade. People are talking about this in game. They said, you stuck with what you have..except you wanna sacrifice 1 tinkerer's chest and just get the yellow one. Then you can upgrade after that...But you like or not, you must let 1 chest to get the new yellow one.