[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Frankenbalrog next to impossible

DalethDaleth
Reactions: 1,855
edited April 2017 in General Chat
As a evan, my ability to do physical damage is limited severely, I have only been able to kill a frankenbalrog before it despawned once.

It seems that if I miss more than a few hits it'll despawn before I kill it. I was with a friend who was a low level hayoto (new player too) and he yelled at me over skype "COME HELP I CAN ONLY HIT ONE DAMAGE!" I was like, "haha ok but it'll take a while" I walk in to him doing a firestorm of lines to it simply because his class is physical damage based!

Long story short, It seems this event was not thought through completely or I am simply missing something.

Is it possible to make adjustments to their spawn duration on the 19th? is it worth it?

What do you think?

--edit--
sorry for the grammatical error in option 6 of the poll, I can't change it now :/
  1. What do you think?13 votes
    1. I think the spawn duration should be extended on the 19th and the event extended.
       54% (7 votes)
    2. I think the spawn duration should be extended on the 19th and the event _not_ extended.
       8% (1 vote)
    3. I think you're missing something Daleth, there is a way to do it easily.
       15% (2 votes)
    4. I think there is a issue but nothing should be done, events are not always fair and that's how it is
       8% (1 vote)
    5. I think it's easier simply to just move on and wait for next time.
       15% (2 votes)
    6. I think something else and I have/will posted it.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    It has nothing to do with physical vs. magical damage.
    Hayato specifically has a "normal attack" that does multiple hits very fast. Most physical classes don't. Luminous, which is a magical class, can also kill Frankenbalrogs easily because one of his skills does a rapid-fire (of "1" damage) to it.
    This mob is just very badly designed.
    There are at least two threads already in the forums about it.
    Ivangold
  • BowmaNxNLBowmaNxNL
    Reactions: 1,250
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    I can confirm what AKradian says. I'm a bowmaster and my basic attacks are very slow as well. I haven't been able to kill a single one by myself so far sadly.

I'd love to see it's lifetime increased or it's HP decreased.
    bumbertyr
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited April 2017
    I think what needs to change is just to have it's hp increased, but also allow any skill to do lines of 1's.
    bumbertyrTanya
  • BowmaNxNLBowmaNxNL
    Reactions: 1,250
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    I think what needs to change is just to have it's hp increased, but also allow any skill to do lines of 1's.

that would work as well