[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Beast Tamer's Bear Reborn not working properly

KingofFurriesKingofFurries
Reactions: 1,605
edited April 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type:
Skill issue

Brief bug summary:
Beast Tamer's skill "Bear Reborn" will sometimes glitch the character and prevent them from respawning

More details:
so based on my research, i found out that what happens is "Bear Reborn" will correctly respawn you the first time, but upon a second death your character dies but the death box to respawn does not show up. I've found some temporary fixes though: guild revive will successfully resurrect the character, or if you die to remove the skill effect, then change maps (like die in a boss fight, then leave the boss room) it fixes the glitch. ultimately though, if your character dies twice in a row and hasn't done any of the temporary fixes, you will be forced to relog. this can become quite annoying if you're trying to do something like magnus, or if your party kills the boss and you have to miss all the drops.

Steps to reproduce:
1) Have a beast Tamer that is a high enough level to have the skill "bear Reborn"
2) Successfully die to trigger "bear Reborn" and respawn
3) Die again immediately following the first death
4) The character should now be glitched and cannot respawn

Character name:
KingFurry

Character level:

Character job:
Beast Tamer

World name:
Bera

Date and time of the incident:
It varies; happens on character death
  1. Sample Question3 votes
    1. Beans
       33% (1 vote)
    2. Toast
       67% (2 votes)

Comments

• chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    This has been going on for a long time now. I didn't realise it was due to that skill though. I made a topic on this October 2016 and it's still bugged .. Pretty much gating my progression of getting my Beast Tamer to 200 easily.
  • KingofFurriesKingofFurries
    Reactions: 1,605
    edited May 2017
    This has been going on for a long time now. I didn't realise it was due to that skill though. I made a topic on this October 2016 and it's still bugged .. Pretty much gating my progression of getting my Beast Tamer to 200 easily.

yessss and it's super annoying.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Probably going to stop playing mine at 200 till it is fixed