[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

(Suggestion) Alternatives to the Event Hall

MaverickRedMaverickRed
Reactions: 800
edited April 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Nexon, really? Once again you've placed the Maple Leaf High Event NPC within the confines of the Event Hall, now I know you've attempted to "fix" the lag within the Event Hall with the recent slew of content updates but for myself and many, many others within the player base the lag still exists. I was truly hoping the Event Hall lag would lessen to be more manageable but I was thoroughly disappointed so I have a few ideas that could be helpful.

1.) Add an icon to the Dimensional Mirror menu that teleports players to the Event space for that specific event rather than have the players attempt to traverse the Event Hall Lag and pray they get to the Event NPC to speak with them.

2.) Give players a timed item that can teleport them directly to the Event space for that event.

3.) Allow players to be teleported to the Event space via the event notification.

Hopefully some kind of alternative can be implemented to allow players that face extreme Event Hall lag to participate in events when the NPC is placed in the Event Hall because I have little faith that the lag within the Event Hall will be removed or even lessened. With each new content update more stuff is added and with it more problems arise, my hope is that my ideas are at least looked at by Nexon (though I may be too optimistic). I really do enjoy playing Maplestory and I hate that when events like Maple High are going on and the NPC to get to it is inaccessible is too frustrating.
  1. Do you experience bad lag when you enter the Event Hall?2 votes
    1. Yes!
       100% (2 votes)
    2. No....
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    The Maple Leaf High NPC also appears in Henesys, Leafre, and other major towns.

I'm not sure what you mean by "event space" but messing with the mirror in every patch is probably going to cause more trouble than it's worth, as is adding a teleport item.

The preferred solution is to put as much as possible into the event notifiers. Right now, for example, we can accept the Maple Leaf High quest from the star notifier, but we can't turn it in through the same notifier. That's a bit inconsistent. We also get Cassandra's entire leaf-collection tutorial through the event notifier, but we need to talk to her in person (in Event Hall...) to turn in the leaves.
    All these quests should be available through event notifiers.

The other thing that gets put in Event Hall is coin shops. Right now they're being put in major towns as well, which is good - until those towns start to lag from an overload of event NPC's (they never get deleted, only hidden - and the hiding is not done efficiently at all).

So, longer term, Event Hall lag needs to be fixed. A solution that should be tested is giving Cassandra, Maple Admin, and Gaga their own little rooms (accessible from Event Hall). Many people believe this will make Event Hall proper not lag anymore. Those little rooms might still lag, but less (because only 1 NPC in each) and the programmers should hopefully be able to isolate exactly what causes these NPC's to chew up our CPU's.
    DaisukeHaruto
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited April 2017
    Well Said AKradian, a lot of us have suggested such and has met with "Well we'll remove the elephant... I mean just because the players were singing out praises for removing those three from town doesn't mean that doing the same with the Event hall will fix it.... they only have 30 times the clocktime than five major bosses put together. so we'll get rid of the elements of the event hall that could run on an Apple IIe and leave the heavier trio alone and see if that does anything"

Yes I do think Nexon trolls us in that way.