[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can something be done about name hoarding?

MattyMatty
Reactions: 2,120
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Seriously it's stupid how easy it is to find the obscene amount of level 1 never played characters with "good" names. Can something please be done about this or is Nexon just going to remain willfully ignorant of this issue?
Dough

Comments

• SaekiSenpaiSaekiSenpai
    Reactions: 1,175
    edited May 2017
    A month is a bit short. A year would be more understandable as long as the player did not have a lot to begin with (Below Lv. 150, no/little nx spent, etc.)
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited May 2017
    DeeMon wrote: »
    I agree. Those names should be replaced by numbers after a month of inactivity, dood.

1 month is pretty short dood. Who's to say they won't simply log in each month to prevent it. There are many ways to circumvent an automatic system.

I say we should delegate the decision to clear a hoarded ign to a GM. Send a ticket, GM looks into the account and decides if there is enough activity to warrant the clearing of an ign (hasn't been on for months/years, hasn't spent NX, below a certain level, only logging in for short periods of time, etc) or perhaps the GM might contact the owner and if he isn't responding for awhile then its safe to clear his ign.

The only flaw I see with this is that many people might request the same ign. There's also a possibility that people could rehoard names. But for most people, this would be helpful. The name I personally would like is pretty obscure (I doubt anyone would pay more than 5 bucks for it) but some lvl 1 beginner took it anyway.
  • MattyMatty
    Reactions: 2,120
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    I believe the best solution would be to have a system similar to League of Legends. If you don't know this is it:
    5462cf91dead9ec129c6234d6bb7c94c.png

Obviously it would have to be scaled to MapleStory's levels and even then I would make it more harsh.

ShadEightpepeSlicedTime