[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please make Investigation Mode instanced

MattyMatty
Reactions: 2,120
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
With the current system it's currently extremely difficult on any lower level character to farm these effectively, if at all. How it works now is if I enter a fresh map on my level 85 Mihile, the mobs will spawn as level 85. The problem is that if someone higher level enters your map even if they don't kill anything, any monsters that respawn while they're there will spawn with their level instead. Currently in my channel every map is infested with level 228 and 232 mobs that one shot me if I dare make the mistake of damaging them which is really lame.
deadend5193thatplantStargethSlicedTimeKlara

Comments

• StargethStargeth
    Reactions: 2,680
    edited May 2017
    I second this. It would be awesome if they fix this in the maintenance tomorrow but it's not currently listed. It's not really fair that one should have to worry about a lvl 250 popping into your map and increasing the mob levels by like 20 to even 100 (for those around lvl 150).
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    It's a bug, not a suggestion. It can't possibly be intended that everyone share timers and mob levels.
  • MattyMatty
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    It's a bug, not a suggestion. It can't possibly be intended that everyone share timers and mob levels.

The timers I agree with. I thought about posting it as a bug but I figured Nexon might have tried to make it this way so you could enter with friends or something.
    JettLuvsU
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Matty wrote: »

The timers I agree with. I thought about posting it as a bug but I figured Nexon might have tried to make it this way so you could enter with friends or something.

If that were the case, then you'd have to party up before entering, and the party would have an instanced map to itself.
  • MattyMatty
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Matty wrote: »

If that were the case, then you'd have to party up before entering, and the party would have an instanced map to itself.

Of course that would be the logical way to do it, but Nexon isn't exactly known for thinking things through.