[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Tynerum Goddess is being unreasonable

DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
Reactions: 7,195
edited May 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
To complete your 5th Job advancement, you must complete the Temple of Time quests to have access to the Horizons containing the goddesses of each world.

Finishing the Maple Goddess's requirement is easy since you can just say anything you want. The Nova Goddess wants you to kill the traitor, Magnus in any difficulty. That quest isn't too difficult.

The biggest obstacle to deal with Tynerum's request. She expects you to find her in the World Tree within 5 minutes. If you think 5 minutes is reasonable for someone with decent mobility skills, the monsters occupying the tree present a huuuge challenge. The monsters in the World Tree range from the LVL 210 Tree Saps on the tree trunk to the LVL 230 Demon Wolfriders. What makes it near impossible to accomplish is that the Flying Demons that touch you and disable potion usage. Attacking the mobs is pointless because your damage dealt to them is cut due to being out of their level range. The touch damage of the high levels mobs combined with the inability to use potions makes this challenge near impossible unless you have Dark Sight to avoid touch damage.

I personally find this challenge unfair because even tanky classes are rendered useless when bombarded by mobs and you can't heal. They expect you to sneak past hordes of monsters that are waay out of your level reach to find a randomly place portal within a short time limit.

In order to make advancing to 5th job easier, here are changes I want to be done with this absurd quest:
  • Reduce mob levels so they are closer to 200
  • Remove flying demons

I want to make everyone's experience advancing to 5th job a bit more pleasant :) .

RollsSlicedTime

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    I think removing the flying potion-locking mobs should be enough.

They were not there when the 5th job advancement quests were first created. And while climbing that tree at level 200 was certainly not easy, it could be done with a lot of potions and the knowledge that the portal had to be in one of the top three maps.

JettLuvsURollsSlicedTime
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited May 2017
    Ye olde teleport rock in Reboot...how I did the Job advancement.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2017
    Knock back the flying mobs briefly, then charge through to the next area. Dispell potion lock with Heroes Will (or equivalent).

Since there's only a handful of maps the portal will actually appear in (2-4, I think), charging through isn't actually that difficult. It's how I did it.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    Knock back the flying mobs briefly, then charge through to the next area. Dispell potion lock with Heroes Will (or equivalent).

Since there's only a handful of maps the portal will actually appear in (2-4, I think), charging through isn't actually that difficult. It's how I did it.

You can't knock them back if you MISS on them due to being too low leveled. And you can't use Heroes Will four times in five minutes (the number of maps you need to "charge through", and the time limit the Goddess gives you), plus you need to search through the top 3 maps (if you're unlucky) so can't just charge through them.

Did you do your 5th job advancement after the anti-AFK mobs were added to Dark World Tree, and without a Hyper Rock?
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited May 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

You can't knock them back if you MISS on them due to being too low leveled. And you can't use Heroes Will four times in five minutes (the number of maps you need to "charge through", and the time limit the Goddess gives you), plus you need to search through the top 3 maps (if you're unlucky) so can't just charge through them.

Did you do your 5th job advancement after the anti-AFK mobs were added to Dark World Tree, and without a Hyper Rock?

My 210 characters got instanta-killed by the 220 mobs. Potions won't solve the answer here.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Daxterbeer wrote: »

My 210 characters got instanta-killed by the 220 mobs. Potions won't solve the answer here.

o_o what classes? If the problem is getting insta-gibbed by mobs (rather than getting pot-locked and slowly killed), then that seems more like a personal issue to me lol, otherwise we'd be seeing a lot more complaints. My bish, kanna, and marksman, all in welfare gear, each managed to do it no problems (before the anti-afk mobs were added).
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited May 2017
    Fennekin wrote: »
    o_o what classes? If the problem is getting insta-gibbed by mobs (rather than getting pot-locked and slowly killed), then that seems more like a personal issue to me lol, otherwise we'd be seeing a lot more complaints. My bish, kanna, and marksman, all in welfare gear, each managed to do it no problems (before the anti-afk mobs were added).

The flying mobs do 10% hp per hit too. And these are higher leveled mobs, so of course they'll hit hard.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2017

You don't miss all the time, and yes, I did do the 5th job advancement very recently, as in May 2nd, without a HTR. On a Zero, which has no abnormal status cure skill. In Pensalir gear, with no potted rings, shoulder, or belt.