[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Re-organize the levels of Scrapyard & World Tree.

XelthineXelthine
Reactions: 1,525
edited June 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Scrapyard and the Dark World Tree are great zones, but unfortunately they have become obsolete after the V update & Arcane River. There is almost no reason to go there anymore.

I suggest that Nexon change the monster levels in those zones to 140-170 for Scrapyard and 140 - 200 for Dark World Tree so that you can choose to go there instead of Temple of Time/Future Henesys rather than having them compete with Arcane River, which they cannot do.
Maybe make it a requirement to complete the corresponding Blockbuster as an attunement to the zones, too.

Alternatively increase the exp rate & have them drop nodestones for people that have achieved 5th job.

What do you guys think?
  1. Do you want to have Scrapyard & Dark World Tree levels re-organized?11 votes
    1. Yes, I want an alternative to the Temple of Time while leveling my low level characters
       55% (6 votes)
    2. No, I prefer them as they are right now.
       36% (4 votes)
    3. Other (Write in comments)
       9% (1 vote)

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    Meanwhile...-farming DWT for Stigma stones- I like the exp as it is.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Totally agree

Since its impossible to enter all the parts of temple of time and you need to do these really long quests.
    Lets not forget the monks have tons of hp

I would choose scrapyyard and dark tree over temple of time everyday.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited June 2017
    It's not that bad idea, but maybe one area be lower lv, and the other stay high lv.

Only problem i see is that they intended to more high lvs to do the daily quests to get the coins, so if lv140 can do it, would be pretty cool, but it's confusing to start so early to get these coins and even if you make the quest lv200+ it would be confusing doing quets lv200 in 140 mobs

It wouldn't be too bad, just not sure the point of Kerning Square if Scrapyard would be much better.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    I 100% agree that the 150-180 leveling range is a mess right now but the next patch brings us kerning square starforce and return of omega sector which fall in this level range.

It might be enough.
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited June 2017
    I'm sure more alternatives to Temple of Time would be nice, but changing Scrapyard and Dark World Tree would screw with balancing in dailies since 140 is a bit early to decide on a main to go as far enough as to clear Lotus or Damien to get Absolab/Stigma coins on, and when you are at that point, dailies involving 140 mobs would be a bit too easy. In any case, you still have to do the ToT questline for 5th job, so having an alternative doesn't mean you won't have to come back. The only incentive to train at ToT other than it being the only decent place to level around that point is that you're training while simultaneously completing 5th job prequests.
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    I 100% agree that the 150-180 leveling range is a mess right now but the next patch brings us kerning square starforce and return of omega sector which fall in this level range.

I'll be hopeful for these new areas, but I'd find the best solution would be undoing what caused the problem with 150-180 in the first place - the last major nerf to Dimension Invasion.

Was wonderful back when I could just do my daily runs then log off. 150-180 does get unbearable very easily with ToT. I'd rather get a few levels a day, quickly but at a limit than take an hour in ToT to get the same amount at no limit. A bit unrelated, but the DIPQ nerf along with the Romeo & Juliet nerf really did make pre 200 leveling feel that much more of a grind (and it led to the rise of the cancer that is Moon Bunnies). Encompassing a total of 110 levels with R&J's 70-140 and DIPQ's 140~180, it was definitely a huge change to leveling speed. And especially in Reboot, you now have to feel how weak most 3rd jobs are against the high hp mobs at 80-100. Killed the party training aspect for those levels too.
  • TsukiBakaTsukiBaka
    Reactions: 1,410
    edited June 2017
    I like the idea in terms of Dark World Tree, but I disagree with Scrapyard. I consider Scrapyard a viable grinding spot for those who are trying to level, but don't have the DPS or AF for Arcane River.

I trained at Scrapyard 4/5 When I had 30AF and still a solo player (and as a merc) Grinding at VJ was not an option. Considering most players nowadays. I think plenty of players grind here still as I was not able to always find a 60-100% burning fields channels. As I am planning to have a 2nd main character soon, I plan on grinding at Scrapyard again as I feel it is way faster than FES2 once I reach a certain level. I want to hit 210 faster to get ChuChu Dailies, and I can't do that with Vanishing Journey without higher AF. I know AF nerfs are coming to VJ, but that will still require me to do a few days of Dailies, assuming I have help doing them.