[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Omega Sector

HoneyWaterHoneyWater
Reactions: 2,245
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hey o3o
Omega sector is open and i was wondering if i could get banned for training there.
There wasn't any announcement saying we shouldnt train there, neither was there some kind of block so players can't enter omega sector.
I know it wasn't supposed to be released yet. So why is it there.. I know it was some mistake they made, but they should've at least blocked the entrance or hyper rock so players can't get there and train. That just sound like Nexon want to ban players. So it would be great if no one got banned for training in omega sector when there was no restriction or warnings on the website or the servers ://

xOtaku

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2017
    Omega Sector is not open (you cannot get their through the main entrance or the maple guide, the quests are not available), and it is advised that you do not train in Omega Sector.
    unknown.png

It is not a guaranteed ban and you're not strictly in trouble, but I cannot guarantee that Nexon will not take action at some point. Training there despite this might wind up looking a lot like abuse and may lead to you, and others, facing consequences you would not otherwise face.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    Omega Sector is not open (you cannot get their through the main entrance or the maple guide, the quests are not available), and it is advised that you do not train in Omega Sector.
    unknown.png

It is not a guaranteed ban and you're not strictly in trouble, but I cannot guarantee that Nexon will not take action at some point. Training there despite this might wind up looking a lot like abuse and may lead to you, and others, facing consequences you would not otherwise face.

I've had friends get banned. It's a bit dumb to have it available to teleport into though...cuz then everyone thinks its open...mass outrage when banned...then this thread pops up.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    I've had friends get banned. It's a bit dumb to have it available to teleport into though...cuz then everyone thinks its open...mass outrage when banned...then this thread pops up.

The micro-site update preview clearly states that Omega Sector will be available on July 5th, the direct entrance via Eos Tower is not open, and the Maple Guide is intentionally greyed-out.
    We're aware that the area is accessible via HTR, but it's very clearly closed. So I wouldn't risk it.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    Welp...I hope all my friends are ok...they all say its amazing training. (good for a weak character who can't handle HoH)
  • HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Reactions: 2,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    unknown.png

Well at least they should make a post or an server announcement on it to warn people, I know it's like common sense for people to be like oh it's not supposed to be open, since i can't walk there . _., but the override breakthrough event just happened, they gave hyper teleport rocks for free at lvl... 140 ? i think blocking hyper rocks to omega sector would be better.

I'm just saying Nexon shouldn't ban players that went to omega sector before they took serious action, like an actual website post, or an announcement on the maplestory servers, Just because the eos tower is blocked or its grayed out on the maple guide doesn't mean it would turn off people... tbh.. i didn't even noticed those, i just got a free hyper teleport rock and i went there because walking there/using the maple guide is well... it's slower than a hyper teleport rock that's for sure. BUT im just saying Nexon shouldnt ban players if they havent done any serious action yet... but at the same time they aren't... so it wouldn't be so serious... but its serious? I'm just confused whats being thrown out, i'm just saying Nexon COULD ban players before they actually made a serious announcement, because players getting banned just for going to a pre-release area that NEXON accidently put out o3o. I just don't wanna be banned . _. i trained there... well a lot, so i feel like i would(Possibly) get banned . _. and thats the last thing i want.