[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Zero on Reboot

ClawStaffClawStaff
Reactions: 2,950
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Intro: Now I know this has been suggested multiple times, but it has been a while since the last time it was. Since there was a glitch with Zero being usable in Reboot recently, I thought I should suggest it again, because of all the support Reboot players have given them during that time.

Idea: Now that Reboot has existed for a while, I don't see what would make Zero so unfair now, if anything Zero was made for Reboot. Zero matches the classic rpg feel Reboot is supposedly going for by using a lot of mesos to gain more power.

If the reason for unfairness is the mesos they can gain and give to other characters, either lower the amount of mesos gained, or simply disable the meso function of the bank for Zero. Because Zero has been re-released, and balanced multiple times, they are not even really overpowered anymore.

Conclusion: In the end, Zero isn't nearly as unfair in Reboot now as they may have been before (because of how many high level players there are now anyway). Zero seems like they would be the perfect class for Reboot, if any problems they have now were to be fixed in some way. I hope one day Zero will be allowed in Reboot, but the only way that seems possible is if the KMS developers are shown all the support for Zero, and allow GMS to release them on Reboot.
  1. Do you think Zero should be allowed on Reboot?10 votes
    1. Yes
       80% (8 votes)
    2. No
       20% (2 votes)

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2017
    Zero being nerfed...the one thing that annoys me is their accessibility to good gear, high leveled crafting jobs...and stuff like that. I would like Zero to be added into Reboot though...since they aren't really OP anymore. Technically it was available for...an hour or so? on Reboot...but all Zeroes created on Reboot were deleted. That shows that it is possible to allow Zero on Reboot...
  • gvnalmanzagvnalmanza
    Reactions: 1,075
    edited July 2017
    I feel like Zero is kept strictly on normal servers because it's an incentive to stay in them rather than relocate to reboot. I think once the normals servers are considered officially dead: meaning noone plays in them anymore, that is when Zero will be available on reboot. The most popular non-reboot server is Scania. All the others are very empty. I'm hoping there is a world merge of the normal severs so they are more populated, but I feel like this would be too good to be true.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    That doesn't make any sense though lol. Why would one class be enough of a incentive to play on one server over another? There are much better reasons to choose normal servers over Reboot or vice versa, Zero is a pretty small reason compared to the rest of them. Maybe it's that way for you, but I don't know of many people that chose the regular servers (or decided to stick with them), mainly because of Zero.
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited July 2017
    There is absolutely no reason remaining for why Zero should be normal server exclusive other than "we don't want too much people in Reboot"
    The accidental release proves it is possible. They just don't want to, and they have never given a reason why it can't happen.

And in no way is Zero a crutch for normal servers. Their existence does not depend on Zero being exclusive there. It's 1 class. It's not the end of the world for normal servers if Zero gets released in Reboot. If people like the gameplay of normal servers, they'll stay there. People mostly aren't arguing for Zero on Reboot because they're maining Zero on normal servers and want to move. It's because they're on Reboot already and want to be able to play this class along with Reboot's playstyle or don't want to move and be separated from the people they interact with in Reboot.