[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Forum Suggestion] Advanced Search

ClawStaffClawStaff
Reactions: 2,950
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Since there is no dedicated section for forum suggestions, I thought this would be a good place to post this.

Intro: On the previous forum system, it was much easier to find specific posts you were looking for using the advanced search settings. You could narrow it down to only show the titles of the thread, rather than searching for any and all text that contains the specified query. You could also search for people, though finding any replies to the user than clicking on their profile works, this is not possible for users who's names are never mentioned.

Suggestion: What I would like to suggest is that the current forums also receive an advanced search feature. This would make it much easier to see if the topic you want to post about has already been posted recently. This would help avoid unnecessary duplicates being made because the previous thread was buried under other new posts. This could also help with deciding whether to bump older posts, or create a new one. This would also be helpful for simply finding old posts again that you don't want to get notified every time it changes, like starring it does.

*PS. I know that I worded this a little strangely, if anything I said was confusing just tell me, so I can clarify what I meant.*
  1. Do you think advanced options for searching on the forums would be useful?9 votes
    1. Yes, I was surprised this feature wasn't carried over.
       89% (8 votes)
    2. No, the forums are easy enough to navigate without an advanced search.
       11% (1 vote)

Comments

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited July 2017
    We need advanced search on these forums, period.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Actually have any of our (non restructure related) forum suggestions ever actually been used on these forums yet? I know a lot of people wanted to be able to use their own avatar like the old forums as well, but as far as I know we haven't had any word about that either. I know with some of the previous staff no longer being here some of these ideas may have been lost/not submitted yet, but I'm kind of curious of their status too.