[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Surprise box Suggestion

HoneyWaterHoneyWater
Reactions: 2,245
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hi :D
I feel like they should have more Surprise boxes...
Like the Premium Surprise Box has the newest Cash item that nexon releases (or something they bring back old ones)
But it would be great if they could have maybe 2 more 3 surprise boxes, it would be like those seasonal Surprise boxes.
But i want them to Add like an Past Boxes
They would have... well Past Cash items. I'm sure there's a lot of Cash items (good and bad) long time ago. So they should make it a little bit more cheaper? than the Premium surprise boxes... actually nvm. Then people wouldnt be buying the Premium Surprise boxes x'DD

Next Suggestion... If that Suggestion do become a thing (i doubt it) They should make Premium Surprise Boxes Cheaper than the Past boxes so people would more likely go to the Premium Surprise Boxes than trying to get some Old Cash item they really wanted.

I got this Idea from Reading the Royal Face/ Cash Item Suggestion. I saw some people posting some of the New KMS released Cash items, and some really old one that hasn't come out, and some that are just old, and Some that were the Permanent TRANSPARENT SET D8< I ALSO WANT THE PERMANENET TRANSPARENT SET WHYY NEXON WHYY
JUST GIVE IT TO US tenor.gif

It's been 6 MONTH, and too the people that are gonna comment on this, Thank you :D

and the next thing... I ALREADY KNOW ITS GONNA COME OUT DURING BLACK FRIDAY D8<, BuT like p_p i want it now T ^ T. I waited 6 months the last time it was open was during the new years event when it was the last day of 2016. I WAS 5 SECONDS LATE FROM GETTING IT FROM THE STORE. I got home from the convenience store buying my special KK code at 7:55 Eastern Time which is like 11:55 in maple time, and I HAD MY PC OFF P_P and i redeemed my Karma koin and IT WAS GONE i felt rejection p_p

I just wanted it T ^ T

This is a sad Post i Made :| :|
Oh well Thanks for Reading i Guess

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2017
    I don't want any more premium surprise boxes...aka RNG boxes from the deep depths of HELL. Id rather buy individual items or set packages.
    KlaraIts2Sharp4U
  • HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Thanks for Commenting :D
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    I don't want any more premium surprise boxes...aka RNG boxes from the deep depths of HELL. Id rather buy individual items or set packages.

Yea i WISH nexon would do that also p_p
    But i feel like Nexon could get more Money out of the Old Surprise Box thing, so it could be a win win for both of us... in a way

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited July 2017
    HoneyWater wrote: »

But i feel like Nexon could get more Money out of the Old Surprise Box thing, so it could be a win win for both of us... in a way

The boxes are not in anyone's favor usually. Nexon would probably get more money out of putting equipment packages cuz...guess what? You are guaranteed to get what you want...in my personal experience...when I DID buy PSSB I tried to keep it to no higher than 15k unless my results were unusually good. After many frustrations I have drawn the line...no more PSSB until such time as Nexon releases highly desired items in either a package or outside of an RNG box. There is NO Win as long as you let the RNG dictate it.
  • HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017

The boxes are not in anyone's favor usually. Nexon would probably get more money out of putting equipment packages cuz...guess what? You are guaranteed to get what you want...in my personal experience...when I DID buy PSSB I tried to keep it to no higher than 15k unless my results were unusually good. After many frustrations I have drawn the line...no more PSSB until such time as Nexon releases highly desired items in either a package or outside of an RNG box. There is NO Win as long as you let the RNG dictate it.

thanks for the reply :D

But like.... it would be great if they did do the equipment packages... but i don't feel like nexon would do it, since they won't be getting the best profit out of it. I feel like they should add more cash items to the stamp collection thing. Where u trade in Cash Items to get stamps to get cash items. Except some of them would have Old Cash Items. I feel like Nexon could get more out of that, but i do agree they should add equipment packages since it's more convenient.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited July 2017
    If Nexon just released more sets, nobody would want premium boxes, yes. But more people (myself included) would be inclined to buy because you get what you want guaranteed...even if at a higher price than buying a few premium boxes. Ultimately they could make more profit if they sell what people want...since more people will be willing to buy it if they actually...ya know, wanted it. Gamblers can continue to use the premium boxes at their leisure...but those of us who might have budgets or sworn oaths against RNG...would probably be more inclined to buy a 100% guaranteed set of items (cough midnight/Lucid sets cough, also Nova Enchanter Set...)

I will say one last thing. I am a passionate advocate against Premium surprise boxes...due to their terrible rates of getting what people actually want. Yes, it makes Nexon a quick buck but it rips off most of the player base. There is the lovely balance of set items that if sold as a set or individually...I see as a better way to increase profit due to attracting some of the low-buying players who might have a spare 5k NX but really want that one pretty dress that has a 1/100 chance of dropping from a premium box. If I were the 5k person...I would buy the item for 5k over a premium box for 3.4k with a very slim chance of getting what I wanted.
  • HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    hmmm They should make it an special time to time thing then. Like DMT, They would give u a day to Buy cash items, like Equipment Pack (whichever i guess people want) and it would be untradable to others, (except gifting to others), and the cash in the cash shop would be perm but more expensive. Its Permanent**
    so of course they gotta raise the price.

so like @Petalmagic would u buy the Lucid/Midnight or the Nova Enchanter Set if they costed like... 30$ for the entire sent of Nova Enchanter or maybe the Midnight set o-o. Well maybe 20$

like if they were in the shop*

or there is also the Meso market for you to buy Maple points with nx and get mesos and get the set with mesos o-o.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited July 2017
    hmmm They should make it an special time to time thing then. Like DMT, They would give u a day to Buy cash items, like Equipment Pack (whichever i guess people want) and it would be untradable to others, (except gifting to others), and the cash in the cash shop would be perm but more expensive. Its Permanent**
    so of course they gotta raise the price.

so like @Petalmagic would u buy the Lucid/Midnight or the Nova Enchanter Set if they costed like... 30$ for the entire sent of Nova Enchanter or maybe the Midnight set o-o. Well maybe 20$

Nexon ain't that bad. Back when they did release sets (permanent mind you, I own quite a few of the old sets) they averaged 12-14 dollars for a set. Hat, overall, shoes, gloves, cape. Sometimes a weapon....depended on the set. Look at the Kanna/Hayato sets, 14 dollars. I would spend 15 bucks on the Midnight Set or the Nova set. I would NOT spend 50 bucks to get one piece of the set from a Premium box. They could do it like they do with our current two equip packages, release a set for a week or two, rotate them around.
  • HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    now that you said it, i remember they had the Sweet Summer Package as a set... i remember that day.... i ended up buying sengoku passes Dx

But i did buy the Halloween Phantom Set. It's more of a nice Red/Black outfit of Phantom so it looks so pretty

but that costed me like 30 bucks o-o, and that was long time ago
    (They also said it was never gonna come back... guess what... it came back during the Heroes re-vamp x'D)

I guess they did make the sets cheaper :o
    Maybe they'll do it some Later time, When the Nova enchanter set goes out of style maybe? same with the Midnight set?

maybe the equipment package could also solve reboot.... because it's hard looking cute in reboot like with permanent gear p_p
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited July 2017
    Again...Equipment packages will make low spenders like myself more inclined to buy stuff. If they released the new items in sets instead of premium boxes...well people will buy them.
  • HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    You do make a point, I hope nexon do end up just adding equipment packages but if they don't i guess they'll go with something related to it ://

thanks for the replies :D