[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Suggestion for Chat Filter Options (Not censorship

SgfSgf
Reactions: 745
edited July 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
This is a 2 part request.

Firstly for everyone out there that plays a blaster or any other class that has "error" spams in their chat you know what i mean when i say this game needs better chat filtering options. Playing as a blaster shouldn't condemn you to not being able to have a guild social life, neither should having your pets try to spam auto potion when on a boss with a potion cool down or anything else like honor exp gain spamming up your window with 10 things or opening override boxes or anything else like that.

Please be aware that this is not a request about censorship options merely about stopping chat windows for everyone from getting flooded by so many things that you cant read anything, which brings me to the 2nd part of this request...

Please fix the chat so that you can actually scroll up to find a message that was sent previously and not have the chat messages keep ping ponging all over the place because more messages keep flooding in.

I suggest adding a way to decide what is shown in each chat window with check boxes for each of the different chat tabs very much like what appears to already be available in the "chat settings" area in the Social Tab of the options menu , Examples:

Say
[ ] Show Error messages
[x] Show item pick ups
[ ] show experience gain
[ ] show honor experience gain

Combat
[x] show error messages
[x] show item pick ups
[x] show experience gain
[x] show honor experience gain

1. Do you think this game needs better chat filtering options?8 votes
    1. Definitely!