[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Mechanic: make Homing Beacon a toggle on/off skill

LucemLucem
Reactions: 650
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Since the Mechanic class got its remake, the problem with the Homing Beacon skill started making some players give up on the class because of the delay that it inserts on the character. If the player does not have a perfect conection with the server, the need to cast 2 skills in order to dish out the full damage of the class (AP Salvo + Homing Beacon) really slow down the character, making it attack slower and sometimes imobile. So the idea to fix it would be simply to make the Homing Beacon skill a toggle on/off skill, it would fix all the delay problems the class have at the moment while not making it over powered since it would not make it cast the skill any faster than it does right now. and would also not make needed an entire change on all jobs, since it would pretty much remain the same skill.

EX: as the skill is right now - Homing Beacon (Active): Launches a Homing Beacon to attack multiple enemies. The beacon is programed to chase the targeted enemy. Homing Beacons do not take damage even when attacking enemies with attack reflection. Homing Beacon can be used while using another skill.
Level 1: MP Cost: 40, Damage: 210%, Max Enemy Hit: 4 at once
Level 15: MP Cost: 65, Damage: 350%, Max Enemy Hit: 4 at once

How it could be - Homing Beacon (toggle on/off): Launches a Homing Beacon to attack multiple enemies. The beacon is programed to chase the targeted enemy. Homing Beacons do not take damage even when attacking enemies with attack reflection. Homing beacon will fire together with an attack skill thats aimed at an monster, consuming mana each time it fires, with a 1 second cooldown between activations (while using Heavy Salvo Plus, it will fire when enemies are within range while Heavy Salvo Plus is Active).
Level 1: MP Cost: 40, Damage: 210%, Max Enemy Hit: 4 at once
Level 15: MP Cost: 65, Damage: 350%, Max Enemy Hit: 4 at once

All upgrades from 3rd and 4th jobs as well as the lv 150 hyper skill would remain the same as it would not need any modifications
DarkPassengerSlicedTimeMorningAfterSevenStigHelmer

Comments

• JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    it would be nice because of how annoying it is to activate them but I am not a mechanic main so idk.

Do mechs like how it is?
    StigHelmer
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    it would be nice because of how annoying it is to activate them but I am not a mechanic main so idk.

Do mechs like how it is?

I could get mine to 200...but I hate Homing beacon a bit too. Id love for it to be a passive Toggle.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    Mechs got the short end of the stick alongside Jetts, even with the revamps. Something about mechs to me seem underwhelming, even their 5th jobs.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited July 2017
    Mechs got the short end of the stick alongside Jetts, even with the revamps. Something about mechs to me seem underwhelming, even their 5th jobs.

It was a lot of nerfs way back when they did the Resistance revamp...Mechs were OP for a time. but seriously...Mech and DA are the two I wish had toggles for Homing Beacon/Nether Shield....even if they added a boring ole proc rate of like 40% to them.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,320
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    PetalmagicMorningAfterSeven
    edited July 2017
    I wouldnt agree that DA need toggle for Shield. But thats for a different discussion
    edited July 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

good quality humor
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited July 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

Oh my gosh this made me laugh...these old videos...but Mechanic is like...so bad now.
    MorningAfterSeven