[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Suggestion on Corsair balances

GaryLeungGaryLeung
Reactions: 400
edited July 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
The purpose of this post is to provide an argument for Corsairs to gain additional % damage on the skill Rapid Fire. I know it’s a long shot, but it’s worth a try as I see it, it’s one of the lowest % damage skill with no final attack, or attacking bonuses. Let alone it’s a one line damage of 300% ( 330% with hyper) As a Corsair main I find it discouraging to see there are other skills ( Cyclone ) dealing 345%(375% with hyper) damage with Trifling whim that adds another line of damage. Lets compare Corsair’s rapid fire to other ranged classes % Damage. Hurricane is 350% per arrow with another 20% from hyper skills. This is 370% compared to 330%. Hurricane also has a Split attack where it totals to 470% for both arrows hitting at once. Wild Hunters have the same skill on the Jaguar which does 320% and an additional 20% when hyper skill is active, totalling at 340%. From observing Mercedes, it’s 2 lines of attack of 200% which totals to 400% Damage, with another 20% from hyper stat totalling to 420%.

In short, from analysing all of the ranged Dex classes, we can see that corsairs lack % Damage on their main bossing skill Rapid fire sitting at 300% or 320% ( with hyper stat).
Recommendations:
1. ) Other classes (Archer classes) have 70% weapon mastery compared to Corsair’s 50%. To increase the mastery, and all the bonuses that comes with it. Even Jetts have a master of 70%!!
2.) Extra % Damage to Rapid fire or other bonuses that other classes may have to increase % Damage.

These changes would increase the player base of Corsairs compared to people who are always jumping on the hype train of whichever classes are overpowered. I play corsair as a result of nostalgia and It’s demoralising when people are hitting more than me even though I have more % Stat or %attack.

I'm curious to see what the forum's recommendation is, and if it's a valid claim I'm making.

Gary
    No results for this poll

Comments

• koppelo1koppelo1
    Reactions: 530
    edited July 2017
    As a sair main i have no idea what you babbling about. RapidFire with hyper is 330% and majestic presence adds another line with 250% . The very same skill majestic presence makes our weapon mastery 70% not 50%. With nodes you can boost both RapidFire and majestic presence. Not many other classes have two nodes to boost your bossing skill. And if you didnt know summons do around 30% of our dps jsut saying.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited July 2017
    DeeMon wrote: »
    I will say that Bowmaster's Split Attack hyper passive reduces the damage to 65% of 455%, so 295.75% per arrow (I think?).

Actually, Hurricane's Split Attack reduces it from 330% once to 247.5 twice (75%) = 495%.
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Kanna only got 235% on Vanquisher Charm, with less hits than Rapid fire or Hurricane. Seems to me Rapid Fire is quite equal balanced in comparison to Hurricane.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    At least theres no start up delay with rapid fire.