[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Replace Blaze Wizard's Orbital Flame

xMrMeowxMrMeow
Reactions: 1,625
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Blaze Wizard's main attacking skill, Orbital Flame, which it gets an upgrade for each job advancement, has an exploit that has been there since its rework ages ago allowing it to hit every mob on the map, which is why every bot I see is a Blaze Wizard.

In addition to Orbital Flame being exploitable for botters, in my opinion it just looks and feels boring to use.

My suggestion is for Orbital Flame to be replaced with another skill of similar damage output and range (horizontal and vertical), but that looks cooler and of course is not exploitable.

I think a change like this would get rid of a lot of botters, or at least make them less effective, as well as making Blaze Wizard much more fun to play.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    If Blaze Wizard hacking is blocked, hackers will just move on to the next class. They already hack on Kinesis and Blaster too.
    In the past it was Demons, and before that it was Explorer mages, and before that it was Dragon Knights, and before that...

The exploit needs to be blocked, of course, but don't fool yourself into thinking that that will reduce botting or hacking any.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited August 2017
    :T patching the exploit might honestly be easier than creating a whole new skill set for BW. I like Orbital Flame tbh...but I hate botters.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2017
    The old flame gears was dope. Similar to poison mist.