[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Issues with Maple Chat

MattyMatty
Reactions: 2,120
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
To start off I'd like to note that as is this feature is nearly useless, hence why nobody uses it.

Firstly, every time you enter a cutscene or one of these dialogues
555fb0a72addcabf24fb652079945a21.png
, it closes the chat. I'm not exaggerating when I say I had to re-create it nearly 10 times before I even made it to the Commerci trade voyage tutorial. What's the point of having a semi-permanent chat if very common things will just erase all of it and require you to re-open? Please make it so the chat persists through these.

Second, it's extremely clunky to keep open.
56b13f24abe49576cf4b44c7f0de2689.jpg

As you can see, even using the smallest size possible (while still able to read the chat) takes up an unnecessarily large amount of the screen. My solution to this would be to add an optional transparent mode that would give it the same properties as the quest helper.

Lastly, while not that important please make Eileen go away. Seriously, she doesn't even have many lines and they get old very fast so it's extremely annoying having her spout that nonsense every minute or so.