[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Gamebreaking + Common Reoccurring Bugs/Glitches

EfficientlyLazyEfficientlyLazy
Reactions: 815
edited August 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug Types: Too many to list. I'm not going to create a separate thread for each of these. It's a problem. It's a huge problem. It won't take a point-form format to recognize where the issues are.

A. Server lag. I don't know what the hell happened to maplestory, but it was never like this before. Not only to I get severe delay (which is horrendous to play with as a legitimate Blaze Wizard) but I also get lag-spikes that last up to 5-10 seconds. Screen freezes. Every action that took place within the 5-10 seconds happens all at once.

B. Keyboard freezing/spamming last key pushed until I unplug/re-plug my keyboard. Does not happen with any other game. Never happened/happens with any other game. Only maplestory. This happens about 4-5 times an hour which makes solo bossing practically impossible or based more on luck. Is my keyboard going to freeze? Am I going to lag spike? Am I going to press the key to shoot out orbital flames and not have orbital flames shoot out because delay? Again, this causes my character to die. I lose complete control over my character and I have to wait until I regain control. I could pay for more safety charms but this handicap isn't suppose to be a natural obstacle for this game.

C. Sometimes during these freezes, my character will be stuck in the down position. I won't be able to jump, I can't teleport/dash upwards, only side to side or downwards. Sometimes restarting the client doesn't actually fix the issue. It takes two restarts, or a full reboot of my computer.

D. Orbital Flame/Blazing Extinction phase/ghost through mobs dealing no damage. Monsters don't even register being hit by these skills. During this glitch, only Towering Inferno/Cataclysm have shown to work. Restarting client temporarily fixed this issue, but it will probably occur again in the near future.

E. Pollo/Fritto portal & Daily Login Rewards not working as intended. If a user has completed the prerequisites for one of the boxes, it says "CLEAR/COMPLETE" when you hover over the 'claim' button. However, this time, it said 1/Clear, then 2/Clear, then 3/Clear, etc.... Again, I had to restart client to fix the issue.

F. As of 08/07/2017, I have still received a message saying that I have been banned by some random GM for "the hack reason".

G. Eluna Challenge log says it gives five 2x 30 minute coupons but only gives 15 minutes.

H. Eluna Prospect Event reward message inaccurately states how much exp is needed from the next level. i.e. You are 70% away from your next level! This would mean that the user should be at 30%, but the user is at 70%. So the message should state "You are 70% **towards** your next level!"

I. Opening/Double-clicking Maplestory doesn't open Maplestory or the launcher. It gets stuck "launching" or nothing happens at all.

J. The Nexon Launcher itself is quite buggy, slow/unresponsive. Every other program/app (i.e. steam, volume control, NVIDIA settings) is immediately responsive. I right-click the symbol and it opens up options. Whereas the Nexon Launcher doesn't even open or close. I have to force close it. Right-clicking the Nexon Launcher *should* list options (i.e. Settings/Open/etc) but it stays absolutely unresponsive.

K. Items expiring a day sooner than the time listed. i.e. a 2x exp coupon for 15 minutes from an override box is supposed to last at least a full 24 hours but expires early & gives a "this quest has ended due to an unknown random error".

L. Golden Hammer being applied to an item losing its hammer application upon trade. This happened with a superior gollux pendant. It said HAMMERS APPLIED: 2(MAX) when I traded it and upon receiving it back it was back at 0. The hammer was not used on any other item, and the item was not tampered with, as the deal was done with a trusted guildmate & all 3 lines of the potential were the exact same.

M. Randomly losing/draining HP until full computer reboot. Self-explanatory.

N. In addition to server lag spikes, for some odd reason, even AUTO HP/MP pot *which is an unnecessary costly should-be-failsafe measure against instances of lagspikes* doesn't even work when these spikes happen. Apparently the coding doesn't allow for the pet to auto heal until the lag spike is over. Wondrous.

Any update, advice, tips & attempts at resolving these issues are greatly appreciated. I & many others have literally poured in money into this game. There should be absolutely no reason that these basic functions cause such drastic unplayability and interference. Honestly, what is the point of playing maple @ level 200 + if the aspect of bossing or LEVELING UP is completely off the table because "Oh you lag spiked for 5 seconds and now the boss or lantern erdas has killed you. You died. You wasted your entrance for the day. You wasted 10 hours of accumulating EXP because this game induces frequent random lag spikes & keyboard freezing which causes unavoidable deaths that aren't a natural part of the game's features."

These plentiful bugs/glitches can be added to the currently known issues as of August 08, 2017. I am quite certain there is more. Will be adding later.

Comments

• EfficientlyLazyEfficientlyLazy
    Reactions: 815
    edited August 2017
    Not to mention the abundance of hackers. They probably screw up the economy like mad, then they also add onto the sever traffic...