[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

The Dreaded Blank Error

kennyabsillikennyabsilli
Reactions: 715
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2017 in Archive
Sometimes when running maplestory the game will not start after accepting the windows user account control and instead display an error message where the title bar says maplestory and there is no content except for an "OK" button. I have since found that this is caused by a registry entry that is sometimes created in the Computer\HKEY_CURRRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers folder where the name of the entry is your maplestory folder loaction and the Data is $ IgnoreFreeLibrary<nmconew.dll>. Moving the installation to a different folder or simply deleting the registry issue solves the issue, but if this registry entry creation can be removed then we would no longer have that issue.

Comments

• DanzarouthDanzarouth
    Reactions: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I don't have that folder/can't find it on my computer, what do I do?
  • AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Reactions: 2,205
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I just gave up trying to fix it.
    I moved the download path to another folder and it just downloads in the same folder as before. If i move the files to another folder then the game downloads itself again.
    I'll just wait until/if Nexon fixes it.

I'll try the regedit thing you mentioned.