[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Launcher Woes] forced download, please explain

KhongiKhongi
Reactions: 2,140
edited August 2017 in Tech Support
SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST
I edited original post to fix a spelling mistake and for whatever reason it created a double post instead, very sorry, wasn't intentional (because now it looks like I'm raging LOL)

Can someone please help me understand what just happened.

I was in game then due to a blackout (snow storm) I lost internet connection for 15-20mins, when the power came back on I opened up launcher but it said 'download' instead of 'play', when i opened settings it was asking to download the full 10GB game. Confused i googled/came to forums and the only posts I read online was players & admin staff on these forums saying that even if it says 'download' the launcher will notice the files are there and it will just verify and you can play again. So I clicked download.

Imagine my surprise and general saltiness when the game folder emptied and the launcher proceeded to download the full 10GB all over again.

I have time sensitive items like shop passes and MVP items and festive boxes etc and downloading 10GB during a snow storm is going to take most of the day, like literally probably 20hrs from now I'll be able to play again (I only have one ISP in my area and it's the worst ISP in the entire galaxy, no joke), hence I'm going to lose out on some of these time sensitive items and I'm going to miss out on a days worth of EXP from the festive boxes.

Max saltiness lvl 5000

So I need to under please WHY did the launcher all of a sudden go into full download mode even though I was already in game only 15-20mins prior to being DC due to the blackout.

Also it was too late to try the gamelauncher.exe route as well as system restore to a previous point, once I hit download and the files where wiped it was game over for me, I couldn't recover the folder at all.

FYI when I tried to post this the first time this happened:
http://i.imgur.com/fx2pAQ7.png