[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Merge Monster Book into Monster Collection

Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
Reactions: 6,020
edited August 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Since the Crusader Codex hasn't been updated in awhile for sets I had an idea from a user on the official Discord and decided to expand on my idea.

If we integrate Monster Book into Monster Collection we'll need 2 new tabs. Sets, and familiars. On the sides of the tabs there'll be arrows to swap to all 5 tabs.

However for the view all, they'll require adding more monsters to the "View All" so no one loses collections. This will allow easier integration for sets without much tampering. This is also done so now sets can be collected by killing monsters, and not dependent on a Codex Card.
Here is what it currently looks like in Crusader Codex:
zniiEgC.png

Here is what it'll look like in Monster Collection:
RdOTPAg.png

We can also add the feature to double click on the collected monster (in person or via collection window) to view it's stats like how we did in Crusader Codex. This will allow more monsters to be obtainable via Monster Collection methods which are much easier to maintain while retaining some functionality of Crusader Codex.
Nv067i7.png

Making set effects will also be easier by just grouping the mobs like they already do for collection.
GPJL2et.png

Familiars will be kept simplified:
dRh48oA.png

The only issue would be transferring over data and re-working the UI. But otherwise afterwards it'll be easy to maintain.
YinYangX

Comments

• QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited August 2017
    I like it
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited August 2017
    The problem with this is that any iteration of a monster can register that particular mob (for example, Mirror World or Monster Park versions); plus, it would make each one more confusing, especially with mobs that may have duplicate names, and for other mobs that aren't included in the collection.