[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Reboot in 5th job is nearly unplayable now.

SgfSgf
Reactions: 745
edited August 2017 in Rants and Raves
Within one day of the drop nerfs it's quite clear that reboot during 5th job is nearly unplayable, symbols and droplets essentially don't drop at all anymore (how are we supposed to level arcana symbol now?) and there already isn't enough content for anyone level 225 and up. Why even have reboot if they are going to simply make it take triple the amount of time to progress through 5th job anymore? Does anyone at all on reboot benefit from these changes? Are there really people on reboot complaining that they can't progress to the point that the entire server needs to be rendered unplayable? Speaking of aquiring things does anyone actually feel like node drop rate is better now? It's a strict nerf to everyone including people without drop gear and only spider, nodes drop at half or even one third the rate that they did before . On top of the drop changes Most classes received a nerf... Can anyone show me what I am supposed to see as the bright side with this change? This change alone is making me highly consider moving into to anyone of the 1000 mmos out there that arnt trying to make it take years to progress to the point where current end game gear is possible.
LeFrenchienomicidyl

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited August 2017
    Some player-made rudimentary calculations were run during the PTS (and are still running, so if you have any data to contribute please do so). Nodestone drop rate appears to have been substantially increased (x7, however this may have been a luck streak) for players without drop gear, although the sample size is small.

Arcana will receive the Spirit Savior party quest in the future, which is far more efficient than grinding symbols.
  • SgfSgf
    edited August 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    Some player-made rudimentary calculations were run during the PTS (and are still running, so if you have any data to contribute please do so). Nodestone drop rate appears to have been substantially increased (x7, however this may have been a luck streak) for players without drop gear, although the sample size is small.

Arcana will receive the Spirit Savior party quest in the future, which is far more efficient than grinding symbols.

x7? So instead of .0001 it's .0007 for people without drop gear... these changes benefit nobody on reboot and it's not healthy for a dying game
    nomicidyl
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited August 2017
    Sgf wrote: »
    x7? So instead of .0001 it's .0007 for people without drop gear... these changes benefit nobody on reboot and it's not healthy for a dying game

The exact results of the test were, after killing 10,000 Wolfruits, with no drop gear, coupon, familiar, or any other modifier:
    Prior to the change: 1 Nodestone
    With the changes: 7 Nodestones
    No symbols on either
  • Roni777Roni777
    Reactions: 1,180
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    No Neospector. There must be something wrong. I have been hunting for 3 hours and Zero / 0 Nodestone drops. Ussually I got 45 nodestones for 3 hours farming with same gear same class and char. But some players i asked, they still get around 7 perhour which means 21 for 3 hours farming. Reboot players too here
  • Roni777Roni777
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Oh and PTS doesn't doesn't include Reboot server. Ask Arwoo. There must be something wrong on Reboot update. Some players still get good drop. some doesn't get drop at all. 0 Nodestones for 3 hours farming is too much nerf for me when i can 1-2hit kill with 180% drop gear and spider familiar. This is not nerf. from 45 nodes to 0 is massaccree. so far 2 reports happening on Night walker and Night Lord(my friend) class that getting 0 nodes drops.
  • Roni777Roni777
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Okay now nodes is dropping for me again. This is what i did. Probably temporary solution in case someone have same trouble. Not sure if this is the cause. Unequip all of your gear uncluding drop and non drop gear. All of your gear. Then wear them back. Probably the changes/update on drop affect some drop gear or another gear and create Glitch/bug on system. Unequip all gear and wear them back.
  • SgfSgf
    edited September 2017
    Roni777 wrote: »
    Okay now nodes is dropping for me again. This is what i did. Probably temporary solution in case someone have same trouble. Not sure if this is the cause. Unequip all of your gear uncluding drop and non drop gear. All of your gear. Then wear them back. Probably the changes/update on drop affect some drop gear or another gear and create Glitch/bug on system. Unequip all gear and wear them back.

As far as I know decent holy symbol is bugged so try to not use it while farming
  • QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited September 2017
    Sgf wrote: »
    Roni777 wrote: »

As far as I know decent holy symbol is bugged so try to not use it while farming

why not use it for farming???? it gives extra exp