[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Add toggle options for transparency

Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
Reactions: 6,020
edited September 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
The new changes in v188 made familiars and androids transparent. It was suppose to affect pets too but that's bugged at the moment (but that's not the issue). It's a nice change but it's lacking something.

Here is the current Option for Graphics under transparency.
fiKYVcT.png

I think many of us would like a toggle option for what we want to be affected by transparency. A few would be Skills, Familiars, Androids, and Pets. Here is an example.
71qM34C.png

I've heard many have asked if this had been implemented, but so far it hasn't. I would also like this change.

EDIT:
I'd like to include this into the suggestion as well.
AKradian wrote: »
What is worse is that setting others' skills to transparent, doesn't hide their android, pet, and familiar. Even if they set their own skills to transparent, you still see their followers as opaque. So the screen clutter at party bosses is only minimally reduced. Or not at all: if you do want to see your own skills, you also have to see your android, pet, and familiar.

While the thought behind this new transparency may have been good, the implementation doesn't really have the desired results.
ikematsuKlaraFoxGod
  1. Do you agree with this suggestion?14 votes
    1. Yes.
       100% (14 votes)
    2. No.
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Other.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited August 2017
    While I agree, rather than transparency I'd much prefer what most people wanted, which was to hide androids, familiars and pets completely. Even with transparency you can still see them clearly. Even if it was a client side change it would still be better than what we currently have.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    What is worse is that setting others' skills to transparent, doesn't hide their android, pet, and familiar. Even if they set their own skills to transparent, you still see their followers as opaque. So the screen clutter at party bosses is only minimally reduced. Or not at all: if you do want to see your own skills, you also have to see your android, pet, and familiar.

While the thought behind this new transparency may have been good, the implementation doesn't really have the desired results.
    Its2Sharp4U
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited September 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

That's especially true which is quite ironic as explained in the Tune Up Update Interview. Many Familiars, Pets, and Androids but they only made the main character's transparent and not other players. It would be a nice change to add those too.
    DarkPassenger
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    edited September 2017
    Bumping this up again. This is definitely a QoL change that is wanted.