[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game seems to lag MORE after the Maintenance?

sleepyguardsleepyguard
Reactions: 665
edited September 2017 in General Chat
So, before yesterday's unscheduled maintenance, the game actually didn't lag all that much for me, though it did crash whenever I did almost any change- CC, moved areas, went to boss, Cash Shop, etc, etc, etc. (I have a fantastic desktop PC and stable internet, so that helps keep things a bit more stable.)

However, now after the "fix" I'm actually lagging a LOT more. It seems to happen at semi-random times, though it appears to spike when I enter or leave a map, and takes several minutes to resolve. Conversely, I seem to be actually crashing less. Having to hang on a rope for 5 minutes while the lag either resolves itself or crashes is really damned irritating though.

It seems like the "backend changes" kind of made things worse. What the heck did they do? Anyone else experiencing this?
Lilyflower

Comments

• LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited September 2017
    ur not the only one some of the players are experiencing the same issue, and some *cough* doesn't have this issue.
  • TachikawaHiyokoTachikawaHiyoko
    Reactions: 1,290
    edited September 2017
    I had no idea there were lag issues. Then there was a maintenance and my game takes like 10 minutes to load the channel screen and 10 more minutes to load the character screen and 10 more minutes to actually log into the game. o.o For me, it seems this is going backwards. ^^U