[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Cash items not extended by unscheduled maintenance

dragonluxdragonlux
Reactions: 1,250
Member, Private Tester
edited September 2017 in General Chat
To start off (because it didn't fit in the title), this is an issue specific to the server alliance GRAZED, as a result of the GRAZED-only unscheduled maintenance held on September 9th.

289e966bc1.png

I purchased two 24h coupons (EXP and Drop) on September 9th, 10:37 AM Pacific (or September 9th, 17:37 UTC). The expected expiration date was exactly 24 hours after the time of purchase, or September 10th, 10:37 AM Pacific. Unfortunately, there was an unscheduled maintenance held for GRAZED for 5 hours and 45 minutes. When I logged back on after the maintenance, I noticed that my coupons did not have their durations extended, despite Cash duration extension being an expected norm for maintenances, unscheduled or otherwise.

I've already sent in a ticket and spoken to a GM over live chat. The GM who contacted me over the ticket insisted that there was no record of my purchases (?) but most importantly, that they could not verify that these items disappeared at 10:37 AM of the following day, and therefore had to assume that the automatic Cash extension had been applied. All I have for "proof" are my screenshots, all timestamped with month-date-hour-minute-second in Pacific time (my computer's system clock, basically) by the software I use to take and upload screenshots.

f6505a8881.png

You can see the timestamp of this screenshot I took on September 10th, 10:38 AM just after the coupons expired by attempting to save the image. I mean, or you could tell me that I deliberately altered my system clock to create false time stamps... or you could say that the coupons were extended and that I'm just trying to milk 6 free hours of coupons for some reason, which would mean I had to have purchased the coupons at 4:37 AM Pacific. And trust me, I haven't played Maplestory in those kinds of hours since middle school. Too old for that stuff.

And just to respond to any possible victim blaming - yes, I knew full well that the servers were having issues on that day. I made the purchases knowing that I could avoid most of those issues by not changing channels or moving into Cash Shop/Auction House. And up until the maintenance, I didn't crash or have issues. Yes, I also expected an unscheduled maintenance, but that was fine with me as well - Cash items are expected to be extended to account for the time that the servers are offline; if a maintenance happened, I would be able to just make use of the coupons the next day using the extended time. It just so happens that the coupons weren't extended, hence my frustration.