[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Need coaching, How to Enjoy Maple- Guilds and...

ota9x55ruri2pponota9x55ruri2ppon
Reactions: 1,580
edited September 2017 in General Chat
Hi all, it's not been long since I've posted my thread about Burning, but I've had a sudden thought about this before and I'd love to get some information,
hopefully that would help me enjoy Maplestory more than before, although I still won't feel I'd dedicate my life to playing (any) game, sorry XD

So I am not sure how many of you watch Anime, but I am one of those who enjoyed various aspects of the Anime Sword Art Online (aka SAO).
I'd like to explore deeper into one of the setups in the Anime matching this game... Guilds.
Very simple thought, I would just like to know how does a Guild in Maplestory work. For example,
1. How do you join a "good" Guild, with the idea that you don't just look for a random one to join?
2. Do you have to be super hardcore player to be in any normal Guild? I've seen many guilds doing chaos boss runs, THAT takes dedication, for sure.
3. Adding to the above, do I need super well-equipped characters to mean anything in my Guild? (sounds pathetic but trying to be realistic here)
4. Are Guilds in this game "generally" friendly? Do the members BITE if you are missing for days? Does being in a guild give PRESSURE?
5. Yea, I guess I want to emphasize this again because I really care, please provide some advice on how to find a good, friendly guild. Thanks!

Is it possible to search for guilds based on real life interests? I am just going to put this out there since people do still read forum nowadays, thankfully.
My main interests are... Japanese (can speak a little, read, and write), Anime otaku (subbed 1000%), and Being Lazy (yes, single room in college is HEAVEN~)...
My "boring" interests are... Math (majored in college), Chemistry, and Thoughts (or should say, Thinking about Random things)...
Fav Anime type would be romance/comedy, though shounen/sport kicked in recently... some of my fav shows... (will try to only mention newer titles)...
Steins;Gate, Oreimo, SAO, Hyouka, Sakurasou, Toraburu (take a guess ;D), Eureka Seven, Bakuman, FREE!, Yowamushi, HQ, RoKyuBu (vs those 3, LOL),
Durarara!, Detective Conan (good old times, still ongoing), Akame, and many more.

Comments

• azzacuraazzacura
    Reactions: 765
    edited October 2017
    1&5: Make a post in the "Guilds" section of the forum, and say what your interests are.
    2: Most normal guilds occasionally do stuff together, but you don't need insane gear for that since most players will be able to at least partially boost you through some bosses or partyquests (Chaos does take dedication, but it's not like you're forced to do it, and if you're lucky your guild can boost you through it).
    3. Just leveling-up and completing quests or even just staying logged in for a while earns contribution for the guild. If you want to help other people in your guild you'll need good gear, but again that's not a must.
    4. I haven't found a single guild that wasn't nice and helpful, but others might have had different experiences. I've been kicked from guilds in the past for being offline for MONTHS, but there was even one guild that let me stay after being offline for 2 years (lol) and my current guild (and most guilds) doesn't mind if you're offline for a few days, there's plenty of reasons to be offline (real life, work, school exams, maplestory not working, etc) and most will take that into account.

I'd really recommend making a post in the guilds section of the forum and asking if there's any guilds that have the same interests as you.
  • azzacuraazzacura
    Reactions: 765
    edited October 2017
    I just saw your topic about the burning event, one more tip: Find a buddy in that special guild that wants to level with you, it makes maple fun even without burning