[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Thanks for the heart attack

HardmuscleHardmuscle
Reactions: 1,370
edited October 2017 in Off-Topic Discussion
I've been playing this game for pretty close to 10 years, and this afternoon I was met with a popup that said the game was either in maintenance, is being blocked by a firewall, or I'm connecting with a banned IP. ~ None of those are true. ~ Thankfully. ~ I came to the forum and saw lots of people talking about Kannas and bans .. -- I hate Kanna even more now lol. ~ How hard could it possibly be to update that prompt to say something it actually knows to be true, instead of random arrows through the heart?

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2017
    "Banned IP" refers to situations such as region blocks, not a banned account; the message occurs when the game was explicitly denied a connection to the login server before the game was booted up fully (I.E. during maintenance, when blocked by a firewall, or when accessing the login servers from a banned IP, as it states). If your account is banned, you will receive a blue message on the world selection screen describing as such.

There is currently an issue where skipping the video trailer before logging in results in a disconnection producing the former message. If you don't skip the video, you shouldn't get this message.
    Hardmuscle
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Reactions: 1,370
    edited October 2017
    @Neospector ~ That's exactly what I did.. ~ I skipped the video. ~ Thanks for that information (facepaw). :cookie: :mrgreen: