[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

QUICK WARNING ABOUT BUYING DISCOUNT CS 2X COUPONS!

TheHoATheHoA
Reactions: 2,210
edited October 2017 in General Chat
the 2x events are on MONDAY AND TUESDAY, not the weekend. (even though in the notes it's called "Halloween 2x EXP & Drop Weekends")

That's just shameless.

EDIT: Well I guess this topic is pointless in hindsight - the only people who'll get tricked don't properly read the notes and they don't check the forums either

Comments

• PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited October 2017
    Uhhh I was curious about the whole drop rate thing,
    I assume since the drop rate has been changed the max drop rate is like what 2x now?
    So if you've like 200% drop rate there is no point in buying a 2x drop coupon?
    I mean I still get node stones and arcane symbols without buying a 2x drop coupon.
    I don't see the point in buying a 2x drop coupon unless you've no drop rate gear.

I think you missed how the drop rate changes actually work. It caps at 300% on gear which is all additive while 2x buffs and coupons are still multiplicative. Also even if you have the 300% cap on gear using potion buffs etc goes over the cap.

On topic. I wish they'd put the coupons on the weekend... They made a mistake putting the 2x weekend event on Monday and Tuesday in the patch notes.
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited October 2017
    caps at 300 for equips huh? Thanks - never knew that.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited October 2017
    They just made drop gear garbage. They also nerfed the drop rate of quest items and event items. Since they haven't buffed any of the drop rates for items besides nodestones (which still isn't high enough btw) everything feels worse.
    darik
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Hmmm looks like they ended up extending the ability to buy the coupons till the end of the last 2x event on the 1st of November so I guess they addressed this issue.

They didn't extend anything. The sale was for 4 days from the beginning.