[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Account-wide Arcane Power / Arcane Force

IHadToIHadTo
Reactions: 955
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
With the upcoming release of Cadena and Illium, I've found myself not as excited as before when new classes get released. Why? Whenever I consider playing another class, I think about the chore that is leveling Arcane Symbols. I already spend almost an hour on my one and only main, doing the daily quests for Vanishing Journey, Chu Chu Island, and Lachlein. With the upcoming daily quests for Arcana, it’ll take even longer each day. I really don’t want to do that for all the classes that I’m interested in. I go to school and work. I don’t have the time.

Add to the fact that I’ve already played almost every day for the past few months to get to my current 500 Arcane Power, I really don’t want to do it again just because I want to play another class as a nice change of pace. It makes me feel trapped and almost makes me hate this game.
That’s why I’m proposing that Arcane Power should be account-wide. People would be more willing to play other classes and perhaps spend more NX on them. *wink*
Also, when people get to level 250, there’s not much to do. Account-wide Arcane Power would help them get started with other classes and maybe eventually reach level 10,000 legion for the more dedicated players.
***When I say account-wide, I mean for all the characters in the same server for the same account.

How would it be implemented?

I’m thinking that for Arcane Power to be account-wide, either the Arcane Symbols should be able to be put in the storage or it could be a skill in the Beginner skill tab. The daily quests could be limited to one character per world per day if you don’t want people to complete the quests on multiple characters each day.
During implementation, the Arcane Power of the account should be equal to the Arcane Power of the character with the highest Arcane Power and the Arcane Symbol progress of the other characters should be deleted. I think this is fair because people who are already actively working on the Arcane Power of secondary characters would get boosted to highest Arcane Power of their account for all of their characters
There can also be a level restriction or pre-quest requirement to be able to utilize the Arcane symbol of higher level areas.

Please consider it!
  1. Should Arcane Power / Arcane Force be an account-wide thing?12 votes
    1. Yes
       75% (9 votes)
    2. No
       25% (3 votes)