[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Getting chat box spam with "A quest has arrived"

SpiritSpirit
Reactions: 1,365
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Quest / Notification

Brief bug summary: Ever since daily reset a few days ago, every 10 seconds I get the message "A quest has arrived! Please click on the icon at the bottom of your screen." it consistently spams my chat box. All of my other characters don't experience the issue. Only this one does.

More details:
Pic: uNMRM49.png

Steps to reproduce:
Can't find a way to reproduce the bug. I was simply fighting mobs while waiting for daily reset.

Character name: Evendar

Character level: 152

Character job: Night Walker

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: 11/5/2017 5:00 PM MST

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    I assume there's an NPC in that room that you need to talk to, or there's a quest in your lightbulb notifier (or above your head) which activates in that room or general area.
  • SpiritSpirit
    Reactions: 1,365
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    I assume there's an NPC in that room that you need to talk to, or there's a quest in your lightbulb notifier (or above your head) which activates in that room or general area.

Sadly I've checked everywhere. I couldn't find anything to stop the spam. It does this on any map I'm on. Right when I log in, it goes straight to spamming me.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Then maybe a new item in your inventory?
  • CottonLinkCottonLink
    Reactions: 230
    edited November 2017
    I have the same issue.

Bug type: Quest / Notification

Brief bug summary: Every 10 seconds I get the message "A quest has arrived! Please click on the icon at the bottom of your screen." it consistently spams my chat box. It started a few minutes ago. I tried relogging but it doesn't work at all.

Character name: Dakuraisu

Character level: 180

Character job: Hayato

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: 11/08/2017 - 15:00 (UTC - 05:00)