[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

MONSTER LIFE EFFECTS DONT STACK

CuddlePuddleCuddlePuddle
Reactions: 400
edited November 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
monster life is a pretty little corner of maplestory that had a lot of effort put into it to make a beautiful mini farmville in the game. this place allows you to get some sweet bonuses if you can take your time to get the right monsters, however there is one little problem about this system.

The issue: Monsters on your farm dont stack bonuses

a complicated development: I had planned to go for S rank Bovines and obtain many +str monsters (bovine class are the strength bonus monster on the farm) to increase my range on my dark knight because as a free to play boy and a dedicated player; i wish to be able to access content thats locked behind a ton of grinding.

While i was making monsters on my farm i noticed if i hover over the top right corner where it shows the monster count/monster limit, the stats that you obtain from the monsters on the farm pop up in a tab. Taking a peek, having 2 C class pigs with a +50 hp bonus; i was provided with one of the pigs bonuses but not both.

This makes the farm much less useful than I could imagine. At first I had developed a farm specifically to up my drop rate to 35% with erdas monsters, however i was told by a guild mate that only the best rank monster was selected for the bonus..

this is unsatisfying for such beautiful content. is there a possible opportunity for development in the near or far future for this wonderful content? it certainly feels broken right now. i was planning to purchase 1x7 gem tickets from the nova event but since learning of this non-stacking effect, I AM NOT.

Thank you
Sincerely
219 Dark Knight MargarineFiy of Broa/Khaini
  1. Should Monster Life farms allow effect bonuses to stack instead of choosing the best 16 votes
    1. YES.
       83% (5 votes)
    2. NO.
       17% (1 vote)