[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Rant/BUG] Please Fix Overgrown Hair Color BUG!

PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
Reactions: 3,195
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2017 in Rants and Raves
Why insted of fixing the bug that overgrown hair color is orange insted of white.
you ( Nexon America ) release a new overgrown that has a white color, why should i and other people that spend money, have to spend it again in order to get a white overgrown.

i know there's the mix dye, and i used it, but it's not the same as the original white/silver overgrown hair color.

See for yourselve's:

Mix Dyed Overgrown:
LQoPEwl.png

Original White Colored Overgrown:
ZmBFWf9.png

Oh and here's how the orange one looks like:
wfzXY7N.png ( This is what i and other people with older overgrown hairs get, instead of that beautiful white/silvered color )

( we get this instead of white,Unless we buy the new royal hair coupon to get the newer overgrown )

I know this should be in Bug reports, but it's also a rant, because this hair was bugged for years, and instead of fixing it, nexon decides to rerelease it Like what?!, we already payed money for this.

PS. if any vfm could also post this into bug repots would be wonderful, i feel like this is a Bug & Rant ( For me at least )
  1. Should Nexon Fix The Legacy Overgrown Hair color to make it White as it was intended ?2 votes
    1. Yes, Please.
       100% (2 votes)
    2. No, They want us to try and get a newer one, factoring rng and nx.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2017
    The game has a physical limitation on the number of colors a hairstyle can have. I don't know how mix-dye gets around the restriction, but base hair colors are restricted to black, red, orange, yellow (blonde), green, blue, purple, and brown. In order for another color to be a part of the base set, it has to override another color (typically black, sometimes orange).

It's likely that rather than risking upsetting those who had wanted to get the orange Overgrown hair, Nexon released a secondary hairstyle with the white color, so that everyone can be mostly satisfied. The alternative is that you might be satisfied, but others who paid money to get their hair the way they like it suddenly have it changed to a color they potentially don't like, which isn't okay at all.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    The game has a physical limitation on the number of colors a hairstyle can have. I don't know how mix-dye gets around the restriction, but base hair colors are restricted to black, red, orange, yellow (blonde), green, blue, purple, and brown. In order for another color to be a part of the base set, it has to override another color (typically black, sometimes orange).

It's likely that rather than risking upsetting those who had wanted to get the orange Overgrown hair, Nexon released a secondary hairstyle with the white color, so that everyone can be mostly satisfied. The alternative is that you might be satisfied, but others who paid money to get their hair the way they like it suddenly have it changed to a color they potentially don't like, which isn't okay at all.

That is exactly what happend to the "legacy" overgrown, it used to be a white colored, but then Nexon america ( none of the other regions have an orange overgrown )
    changed it to orange, and instead of fixing their mistakes, they make new ones.

Nexon should fix the legacy overgrown, instead of releasing a newer one, and forcing people to spend extra money, on a hair color, that they used to have.

ps. the white color is in the "orange base color"