[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Gonna quit for a while

foussiremixfoussiremix
Reactions: 2,335
Member, Private Tester
edited January 2018 in Rants and Raves
You know i can't play if the game lags so much, I mean i can't even do any dailies nor boss fights.
Its just really frustating.
I decide i will come back when the servers are stable again.
Bye guys

But i will still post here.

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2018
    A VFM will most likely lock the thread as they'll mention something like no one needs to know if you're quitting etc

That aside, I can understand and relate to this. Some of my characters are stuck in the 200s-210 because of the lag. Hopefully when I get a gaming pc or laptop this coming week (tomorrow perhaps) that'll change.

Your lagging issues may be related to memory, if your pc/laptop is under 8GB memory, you may need to upgrade to a min of 8GB.
    Lilyflower
    edited January 2018
    Matthew, what are you going on about?
    edited January 2018
    A VFM will most likely lock the thread as they'll mention something like no one needs to know if you're quitting etc

That aside, I can understand and relate to this. Some of my characters are stuck in the 200s-210 because of the lag. Hopefully when I get a gaming pc or laptop this coming week (tomorrow perhaps) that'll change.

Your lagging issues may be related to memory, if your pc/laptop is under 8GB memory, you may need to upgrade to a min of 8GB.

LMAO, their is more to 'lag' then needing more ram, lag can be caused by many things, the main question is how far away from the servers are you? People fail to realize that if they're playing from Europe they should stay in Luna, the other things are to much rubbish stuff running in the background of your computer...
    I rarely lag unless it's due to a crowed area with idiots spamming skills, and or their being a ton of loot on the ground that I can't pick up.

Some maps have a bit of a low FPS, the other thing is half the people who play MapleStory play it on a Laptop connected to WiFi I mean really?
    'Gaymen' on a Laptop.

Laptops aren't meant for 'Gaming' they were meant to be a portable computer for people who travel and work, computer manufacturers saw their was a niche to sell a laptop for "Gaming" thus how the whole gaming meme started.

You can sit here and claim it's not true that's fine you don't have 17 years of computer experience either.

Back in my day if you wanted to build a computer you needed to know stuff about computers now days these kids think they know stuff because they went to pcpartpicker and copied someones build or copied their friends build, you get these kids off the internet with no way to access the internet ask them to tell you the differences between computer parts they will not know, yet you're gonna tell me that you know about computers LMAO.

Besides if a lot of you thought you knew a lot about computers you'd know that anti-virus and anti-malware ect, are just a false sense of security and don't protect your computer nor information.

You have issues, fella. However, this isn't the time nor the place. This in itself, is a rant and rave. From one response that I said it may be related to memory, you blew it up to some puffed up response.
    Lilyflower
    edited January 2018
    Fous, you can also try switching from HDD to SSD and upgrade video card, but one thing is true laptops arent great for gaming. No matter what they cost 1000+, PCs will always be better.
    Lilyflower
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Actually my game usually runs fine but some week ago , all players in luna had a mass disconnect,after that the channels went nuts.
    Like none of the channels is full beside channel one.
    Beside the vanishing journey fps drop and lag.
    I mean like the lag when monsters stop walking for a short moment and everything gets unresponsive and than they recieve the dealt damage.
    Couldn't keep playing with my birning phantom because the cards didn't came out and eventually bursted out when a lag spike us over.

Ps: I mean EMS luna not gms Luna
    edited January 2018
    This is the video card that maple recommends, nvidia geforce 8600 gt - it's a 2007 card so I dont think it'd be your graphics card.
    I read maple is more demanding from RAM.

as for ping, ping test and it it's within 60 then it isnt your internet.
    Lilyflower