[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Remove reflective eMobs

JumballiJumballi
Reactions: 695
edited January 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
DR is already a bad mechanic during boss fights, but now I keep dying to regular mobs I'm much more than capable of defeating. Not only do they slow the pace of mobing, they're just an instakill if you're not paying attention.

Comments

• OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    What is your job, level, and max HP? DR damage from Elite Mobs is equal to the square of the monster's level divided by 7.5, which depending on your job and max HP, is either a mere slap on the wrist or can hit like a truck. Jobs with Hurricane-type skills that can trigger DR would have to be extra careful against Reflective Elites.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    OdysseyTwo wrote: »
    What is your job, level, and max HP? DR damage from Elite Mobs is equal to the square of the monster's level divided by 7.5, which depending on your job and max HP, is either a mere slap on the wrist or can hit like a truck. Jobs with Hurricane-type skills that can trigger DR would have to be extra careful against Reflective Elites.

Is that really how it's calculated? I usually tread very carefully whenever those darn things appear lol, but if it does barely any damage...

Then again, the DR extends to every mob that sets foot into that glowy pool thing, so if you hit eight mobs with your mobbing skill, that damage could certainly add up... Like, one or two good hits with your mobbing skill against a crowd with DR would probably kill you lol. Unless DR can only activate once per skill use/hit?
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    DR only activates once per skill use, no matter if it hits 1 mob or 6 mobs.