[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Programs That Trigger The AutoBan System?

iArrowZiArrowZ
Reactions: 1,710
edited January 2018 in General Chat
-please try to avoid derailing this thread its for people to have some extra assurance and nothing more, thanks in advanced for those who post*-

In lieu of all the legitimate players being banned recently i am VERY scared to login to my account.
I think its VERY SAFE to assume that in order to play A GAME one should not have to close literally all their other programs IN FEAR of possibly getting hit by
a CLEARLY oversensitive as of recently auto ban system due it it flagging something which more often than not has nothing to do with the game itself.
People should not have to worry about being banned for doing other things on THEIR OWN computer when its unrelated to the game
flagging them and in effect triggering the ban system/bot.
I would like a comprehensive list [ it would be super helpful if an official list came from NEXON THEMSELVES] composed in the replies here in order TO HELP those with concerns of their accounts Safety. and to prevent MORE UNJUST/UNWARRANTED/UNNECCESARY Bans For people who really do not deserve them because frankly if someone does get hit by the autoban system. its been more than proven
that they most likely wont get unbanned.

-please try to avoid derailing this thread its for people to have some extra assurance and nothing more, thanks in advanced for those who post*-

For The Love Of Maplestory, Help Us Out.

Thanks, Concerned Mapler.
  1. Do You Think The Auto Ban System Needs To Be Reworked?16 votes
    1. Yes - It Needs To Be Adjusted
       100% (16 votes)
    2. No - Its doing its job properly
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2018
    Anything that’s open source, third party.
    Usually third party software is created free or cheaper as alternatives is what registers as a threat. Doesn’t matter if it’s to change your color display or alter something on your computer and not a game, the system security detects it.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Anything that’s open source, third party.
    Usually third party software is created free or cheaper as alternatives is what registers as a threat. Doesn’t matter if it’s to change your color display or alter something on your computer and not a game, the system security detects it.

idk where you get your definition of "third party", but it's wrong.
    Third party simply means anything not developed by the original manufacturer of a device or OS. Doesn't have to be free, open-source, unsigned, or anything.
    For example, as far as Microsoft is concerned, Maplestory is a third-party application. Another company made it. It runs on Microsoft's Windows, but Microsoft is in no way responsible for what it does or how well it runs.
    With respect to Nexon, pretty much everything on your PC is "third party". Your web browser, your chat program, your music player, etc.
    Which doesn't mean you'll get banned if you have Chrome open while Mapling.
    NGS is only looking for programs that are known to be either dedicated hack tools or general-purpose macroing tools that could be used to bot.
    I doubt Nexon is going to give us an exhaustive list of what they're looking for. They just tell us to basically run Maple as standalone as we can, and hope that's good enough.