[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

-noob- how does 5th job influence dmg range?

XiangTuXiangTu
Reactions: 1,225
edited January 2018 in General Chat
okay I haven't been on in awhile, when 5th job initially came out I heard people saying it dramatically increased dmg range. Tbh I haven't experienced this increase :s My 5th job skills are only at 1 sp, but what is it about 5th job that is supposed to increase range?

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2018
    The most common type of 5th job node is a boost node, which increases the damage dealt by your skills in earlier jobs.
    For example, as a Mechanic I have the AP Salvo Plus skill as my primary bossing skill. At level 30, this hits 6 lines at 285% (followed by 350% splash damage). If I use an AP Salvo Plus boost node, I gain an additional 2% final damage per node level (plus 5% critical damage at level 20, and 20% ignore defense at level 40).
    In addition to this, the 5th job skills themselves are just generally powerful and useful in their own ways.

Finally, after the 5th job advancement you have access to Arcane Symbols. Symbols give a large amount of main stat (though it isn't affected by %stat potentials) for each level. They're also the only way to deal significant damage in the Arcane River area. Here's a picture posted on the Discord earlier:
    unknown.png
    Sanjay