[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Crash Fix

supermikysupermiky
Reactions: 620
edited February 2018 in Tech Support
I found a fix for Laptop players! This doesn't have to do with fixing a crash. It fixes a common problem: sometimes MapleStory doesn't want to cooperate/launch the game. The problem is mainly caused when you're using a laptop; basically, the NEXON SECURITY GUARD or something liek that, a game security program, closes itself and the game fails to run. But after some digging, I think I might have finally found a solution! Here is the solution:

Open your Registry Editor. Go into the HKEY LOCAL MACHINE, scroll down to SOFTWARE and look for Wizet. If you can't find WIZET, try looking in all files (I've found the Wizet file in WOW6432Node). Anyways, after you've found WIZET, find MapleStory, and then find soScreenMode.

Set the value to 1, then close the editor and launch the game again.

You should have no issue then! :D
  1. Did it work?7 votes
    1. Yes, it worked!
       14% (1 vote)
    2. No, it didn't work...
       43% (3 votes)
    3. I don't understand, sorry?
       43% (3 votes)

Comments

• supermikysupermiky
    edited March 2018
    Bumping
  • supermikysupermiky
    edited January 2019
    Hello! I would like to say that this needs to be stickied. I still see peoples having issues and I think this can help greatly!