[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon Launcher unresponsive. Kill process?

ota9x55ruri2pponota9x55ruri2ppon
Reactions: 1,580
edited April 2018 in Tech Support
it is weird how sometimes clicking the Play button in Nexon launcher does nothing when normally the game screen should pop up within 10 seconds. I'll have to exit launcher, open task manager, and kill Maplestory process then open launcher again/ click Play to get the usual game screen to pop up... Then sometimes I cannot even get to the World screen and the runtime error pops up to close the program. I know maybe I should not have killed the process in task manager, this could potentially crash the game the next time I run the program but tell me, why exactly is Nexon launcher not responsive at random times? And what should I do in those times? I've tried exiting/ reopening launcher but it doesn't always help, mind you I have to always stare at my desktop screen for 10+ seconds like some idiot, just to wait and see if the game screen pops up each time I have to reopen launcher because game screen does not pop up. I really don't think this is an issue with my computer, please don't tell me to upload the diagnosis data bs, just some insights would be fine.

Comments

• ota9x55ruri2pponota9x55ruri2ppon
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited April 2018
    At other times, when clicking Play does nothing after waiting for 10+ seconds, I will keep waiting for 20+ minutes or some long time and click Play again to get the game screen to pop up normally... there is usually nothing at all running in the background, so lack of memory or overloaded processing speed is out of the question... it was as if the launcher just doesn't scan/ run the click on Play sometimes... why???
  • GaryJNgGaryJNg
    Reactions: 410
    edited April 2018
    Same issue, bumping. This NEEDS solving.
  • gaspardgaspard
    Reactions: 1,200
    I'm experiencing this right now I hope someone actually replies??