[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Guardian Scroll Suggestions

OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
Reactions: 2,750
Member, Private Tester
edited April 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So the Dice Master event is back and along with it, the new Bonus Stage that can give you UPot Scrolls! Unfortunately, they're not 100% rate, so you would naturally want to use Guardian Scrolls for extra scroll attempts. However, Guardian Scrolls don't make Potential Scrolls completely foolproof, because Guardian Scrolls have problems. So I would like to make the following suggestions.
1. Make Guardian Scrolls usable on all pottable equipment. I once wanted to use a non-100% UPot on my Cosmos Ring, but I couldn't use Guardian Scrolls on the ring, because Guardian Scrolls' validity requires an Equipment with both Scroll Slots and Star Force Slots. Even though the Cosmos Ring has Scroll Slots and Potential, I couldn't use Guardian Scrolls on it because the ring has no Star Force Slots, so I ended up using the UPot on a Starforceable Equip that is very low in my priorities. Guardian Scrolls' validity needs to be changed to Equipment having one of either Scroll Slots, Star Force Slots, or Potential.
2. Add Guardian Scrolls to Reboot World. Even though there's no regular scrolling or Bonus Potential, Reboot gets to keep Regular Potential, and along with it, Potential Scrolls. The problem is, without Guardian Scrolls, Potential Scrolls, especially EPot and UPot, are always YOLO attempts. Meaning if they fail, you'll have wasted time and resources. Adding Guardian Scrolls to Reboot World would give you more Potential Scroll attempts without having to acquire new Potential Scrolls.

Comments

• JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    This is very much a related issue to protection scrolls not working above certain stars.

It's silly surely we can separate slot scrolling and star scrolling. Why should guardians not work because an item doesn't have stars? Why should a prot not work on a prime because you have too many stars?