[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New Chat Defense Function?

MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
Reactions: 4,280
edited May 2018 in General Chat
So I've noticed that there's a new "Defense Function" that's been added to the chat.

"A chat defense function has been added to help prevent the chat window from becoming full of ad chats from third-party websites."

However it's very unclear in what exactly it's doing, and how it's doing it. I've been told from someone in the Discord that they've tested it by going to Henesys, but the bot spam remains unchanged. Does anyone have any more information on this? At first I thought it'd work like a censor, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I suppose there's the possibility that there's a bug with the chat defense, but until we know more about the filter it's hard to determine if that's the case or not. So yeah, more info would be really helpful.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    It's not something you need to activate yourself, so more information would be useless. It's like the "backend changes to alleviate lag": there's nothing we as users can do to make them work if they don't.
    I agree that this chat defense doesn't seem very effective. Either it's bugged or the spammers already figured out how to circumvent it.
    Nexon is aware.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited May 2018
    Well I originally asked for more info in case this was more suited for a bug report, but that's a moot point if Nexon's already aware.