[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Cash Shop codes in Reboot.

XenomataXenomata
Reactions: 2,595
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I only recently learned about this free leveling package, and unfortunately, though I do have characters in non-reboot worlds, I am a Reboot player, and can't use the code.

What's insulting is that I learned about it via an email I received because I wasn't accepted to the recent MS2 beta, and I was given the code in the email, which I can't use. So yes, thank you Nexon, for this code that sounds like it is compensation for not being accepted to a beta that I actually really wanted to be a part of and am exceptionally bitter for not being accepted into, and for giving me a code that I can't even use just because I'm not in one of your P2W servers. Thank you so very much, you ignorant dastards.

This isn't the first time it happened, because I also previously had old Marvel Machine codes that I couldn't use because I wasn't a non-reboot player anymore, and they simply expired. I mean, it's old money, but it still sucks.

I really don't know how I'd want the code system to be "fixed", because if you simply change the items that are given via codes, that has an impact on the non-reboot players who can't receive great items just because those items aren't allowed on Reboot. But on the other hand, Reboot is not a dying or low-population server either, and I know people are still paying cash on Reboot servers to get pets, cosmetic items, and Surprise Pet Boxes, so even if you don't offer powerful end-game items via code, there are still people who would like to receive items via codes.

If anyone has ideas, please share. I'm still bitter about not being accepted to the beta, and Nexon's response to that is affecting my opinion of them a lot more than any greedy scandals they have tried in the past, and while that's neither here nor there, it's still making it hard for me to want to come up with anything.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    Cash Shop codes cannot be redeemed in Reboot because Marvel Machine is full of p2w items that should never be allowed in Reboot. And Marvel is not going to change.

Nexon should have been aware of this, and should have sent the "leveling pack" rewards to Reboot players via the giftbox notifier in-game.
    But then they'd have had to make sure the account that was registered for MS2 Beta was that person's Maplestory account (if they even had one).

BTW, you're the first person I hear of who got the code as compensation for not being accepted into the CBT. Up until now it was only CBT players getting these codes. Which was even more insulting to everyone who tried to get in and was rejected.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Cash Shop codes cannot be redeemed in Reboot because Marvel Machine is full of p2w items that should never be allowed in Reboot. And Marvel is not going to change.

Nexon should have been aware of this, and should have sent the "leveling pack" rewards to Reboot players via the giftbox notifier in-game.
    But then they'd have had to make sure the account that was registered for MS2 Beta was that person's Maplestory account (if they even had one).

I understand that, though I do also remember an old offer from an mmo site that also gave out a CS code, which may have been the first time I discovered Reboot doesn't accept codes, but that was long enough ago that I don't remember the details anymore.
    AKradian wrote: »
    BTW, you're the first person I hear of who got the code as compensation for not being accepted into the CBT. Up until now it was only CBT players getting these codes. Which was even more insulting to everyone who tried to get in and was rejected.

That... what?
    Maybe it'd something I did? But I don't think I did anything abnormal in the Road to Beta, I just did the milestone goals as it asked me to.

Here's screencaps of the email I received (Title: Maplestory 2 Beta & Maplestory Gift Pack!) minus the code. I excluded 2 images, but they're purely about the GOT7 tour. Links only take you to the MS2 website and the page I linked in the OP, Social messaging images take you where you think they take you. Maybe other beta rejects should check again?

08N59LL.png
    iwkE1YR.png
    5rXrQ77.png