[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can't finish "NLC Under Attack" quest

IgnisVentus8IgnisVentus8
Reactions: 100
edited July 2018 in Bug Reporting
World name: Broa
Character name: IgnisVentus8
Character job: Kanna
Character level: 154

Bug type: Quest
Date and time of the incident: at 16:00 (4pm) on July 3rd, 2018
Brief bug summary: Can't finish "NLC Under Attack" quest

More details:
I try to do the entire "NLC Under Attack" quest-line (involving Icebyrd Slimm). I make sure to have no other NLC quests active at the same time. I'm able to do everything up to, and including, "Dramatic Escape". Problems always arise once I initiate the "Escaping in Style" quest. To finish the quest, I'm supposed to talk to Icebyrd Slimm again and select the quest. The only option to choose is the "Welcome to New Leaf City" thing, which branches off into information about NLC. I make sure that I'm still on the "Escaping in Style" quest (which I am; and I can't forfeit it) and not "The Alien Mainframe" quest. I go kill Galacto-Drill (successfully, with nothing being triggered or dropped) and then go right back to Icebyrd Slimm. He gives me the same problem. I try restarting MapleStory to see if it fixes the issue, but it doesn't... and I have to restart the entire quest-line, just to have the exact same stuff happen again and again. I think this quest-line needs to be thoroughly tested. Based on the procedures of a MapleStory Wikia page (see reference below), the error may or may not have something to do with clicking on "Gunpowder Mound, Galacto-Drill, Research Samples, and Computatotron", since I never had to do that particular step for the "Sabotage" quest.
Just so you know, I've previously finished the quests (in order):
- "Welcome to New Leaf City Quiz"
- "Cleaning Up The Streets"
- "Cleaning Up The Streets - Continued"
- "Featherweights 1"
- "Featherweights 2"
- "Lost!"
- "Urban Jungle"
- "Subani's Legacy"

Reference:
http://maplestory.wikia.com/wiki/Quests/45/NLC_Under_Attack

Steps to reproduce:
I finish quest "The Mayor of Disaster"
I finish quest "What's Quaking"
I finish quest "Invasion of the Ore Snatchers"
I finish quest "Sabotage" (only interacting with Icebyrd Slimm)
I finish quest "A Heroic Rescue"
I finish quest "Get Me Outta Here"
I finish quest "Gassing Up"
I finish quest "Dramatic Escape"
I initiate quest "Escaping in Style"
Icebyrd Slimm does NOT show any "completed quest" icon above head
I double-click Icebyrd Slimm and there's no quests to select
I check my quest list, where I see the "Escaping in Style" quest (no forfeit option)
I go to the alien base, enter it and defeat Galacto-Drill
Nothing gets triggered and no quest items are dropped
I go back to Icebyrd Slimm and find myself with the same problem as before
I go back to defeat Galacto-Drill again (nothing triggered, nor dropped)
I log-off and log back on, going back to Icebyrd Slimm
I find myself having to redo the entire "NLC Under Attack" quest-line
I get the same set of problems

Comments

• PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited July 2018
    Turns out Nexon blocked off the final quest, "The Alien Mainframe". Why? Because Nexon.
    Lyonsbaine
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    Turns out Nexon blocked off the final quest, "The Alien Mainframe". Why? Because Nexon.

Probably because Nebulites.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    edited July 2018
    AKradian wrote: »

But why keep the rest of the questline? They only blocked off the last quest and the repeatable quests; the main questline is still there.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018

But why keep the rest of the questline? They only blocked off the last quest and the repeatable quests; the main questline is still there.

To unlock the alien base training/farming maps?
    It's not like all questlines have a point beyond "do this and you'll get a bit of exp".
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    edited July 2018

To unlock the alien base training/farming maps?
    It's not like all questlines have a point beyond "do this and you'll get a bit of exp".

Didn't need to block the last quest; could have just removed the nebulites (if any).
    Then again it's Nexon.
  • LyeILyeI
    Reactions: 520
    edited July 2018
    This happened to me, except now it tells me I haven't started the whole alien quest line. When I try to attempt to do the questline again, I can't. The NPCs that need saving are gone and the alien technology that I needed to destroy are already broken. I cannot enter the alien base corridors too...
  • LoyeenLoyeen
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2018
    I also have the same problem