[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Dual Blade Revamp?

DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
Reactions: 7,195
edited November 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
When players get to 4th job, they usually use 4th job skill job skills and don't use other skills before unless they are to move mobs. Other classes get 4th job skills that don't replace their 2nd and 3rd job skills, but instead compliment them by passively increasing the damage of previous skills or be a skill that fits into the combo. Where does Dual Blade belong in this category?

The first example I give is a class that gets a skill that replaces the their old skills. An example is a Dark Knight where your Piercing Drive will be replaced by Dark Impale and be forgotten while skills like Rush and Spear Sweep will be remain useful. The second example would consist of Mercedes, Cadena, Blaster and other classes combo. They gain skills to extend their combo and they also enhance the pre existing skills. I was about to put Dual Blade into this category, but I will explain to you why he is a "neither" or "both" scenario.

Dual Blade is my main and favorite class, but the class itself changes so much when you get to 4th job. Throughout a Dual Blader's journey, they are presented with the skills Tornado Spin, Bloody Storm, Flying Assaulter and Blade Ascension. These skills give Dual Blade the ability to combo and move forward while attacking When they reach 4th job, they are given Blade Fury, a standalone skill that doesn't link to any skills. It is confusing because you are either spamming Blade Fury or continuing to use your Flying Assaulter-based combos without major boosts (Bloody Storm will boost Tornado Spin and Flying Assaulter.)

I was thinking if Blade Fury should have a passive effect that boosts the skills that could be combo'd as well or be added to the combo sequence itself. Blade Fury could boost the damage of Blade Ascension and Bloody Storm since those skills both have a red animation or increase Dual Blade's final damage when completing a combo. I personally feel upset Dual Blade isn't a TRUE combo class since Blade Fury just stand outs like a sore thumb (Bandit Slash doesn't really count since it when Dual Blade is taking his tests to earn his Katara.)

There is also an issue I want to address about Cannoneer and Dual Blade compared to other classes later on.

So what do you guys think about making Blade Fury a skill that could fit into Dual Blade's combo as a linkable skill or a passive boost skill?

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    I find that the flying assaulter combo (Blade ascension + flying assaulter + bloody storm) is useful for longer maps (like the cave part of vanishing journey) while blade fury is useful in smaller more compact maps like slurpy forest depths. I also still use blade ascension for that little extra air time to reach stuff, also bloody storm can be used to move side to side with a boss.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited July 2018
    I was wondering if Blade Fury can gain effect to suck in mobs and move forward when linked right after using Tornado Spin or Bloody Storm. It would be similar to Beta's Spin Driver.