[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Discovery Weather stuck [ Resolved ? ]

KittenCoalitionKittenCoalition
Reactions: 1,720
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Gameplay Related

Brief bug summary: When a mob within my level range of 224 is slain, the Discovery Weather event fails to record the slain mob. This happens regardless of what map I am in, or of the mobs that I kill. I have already tried reinstalling Maplestory, but to no avail, it hasn't affected this issue. I am unsure as to what may be causing this issue. I have attempted to use the Discovery Weather event on other characters, and they are also unable to participate in the event just like my Hayato.

Additionally, I was able to use this event to gain Ark points before the listed time of the incident.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, because this event just stopped working out of the blue.

Character name: Soujinshi

Character level: 224

Character job: Hayato

World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: 06/07/2018 9:34 pm EST

EDIT : As of 7:13pm EST, 09/07/2018, it seems that I am able to use the event?

No idea as to what the cause of the issue beforehand was, but maybe it's been fixed?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Did you accept the Discovery Weather quest, from the star notifier?
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Additionally, if you did start the quest, you only gain Ark points when the weather effect is actually active, which is every 200 monster kills.
  • KittenCoalitionKittenCoalition
    Reactions: 1,720
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Did you accept the Discovery Weather quest, from the star notifier?

I distinctly remember doing so on the day that the Discovery Weather event became available.

The only quest related to this specific event that shows up for me in the star tab is the guide for it.