[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Relay Absolab Weapon to change to 17 stars

kaopikaopi
Reactions: 845
Hello,

The ultimate reward for the current Relay event is a 12-starred Alsolab weapon for your class. However, with the introduction of the 25 starforce enhancement system on the 25th of this month, this reward doesn't seem worth investing that much time to get. This is a very time consuming event with very strict time to do it, and based on past events, the weapon cannot be starforced past 12 stars. KMS also has this event, and in their case, the reward is a 17-starred Absolab Weapon, since the have had the 25 starforce system for a long time now. I am aware that this weapon is not intended for end-game, but at 12 stars, it will be pretty much obsolete, since even a Pensalir weapon with a decent natural flame and 17 stars would be arguably superior, and a Japanese weapon would definitely be. Fact is that a 12 starforced weapon doesn't make much sense with the 25 starforce system already implemented. Most people doing this event are using it as an opportunity to get an equipment that is better than what they could otherwise get on their own without any help, and this would no longer be the case with 25 stars.

The 25 starforce system will be implemented before anyone would have been able to redeem their Absolab weapons, since you can redeem it on the 31st of this month at the earliest, and that's if you got the boxes every single day before. This means that there exists the opportunity to adjust the reward for this event in the same patch the new starforce system will be implemented. It seems illogical to me that an event as time consuming and strict as this would be introduced, and then about two weeks later, a patch that would make the reward for this event obsolete would be announced to take place, before anyone has even been able to claim said reward. I do not know if it was already in your plans to adjust this reward, but just in case this situation slipped through the cracks, I wanted to let you know.

Chances are that even if the weapon is 12-stars in this instance, it will be 17-stars in the next. This means that the people that already put the effort to complete the requirements to get the weapon, would have to do so again in order to get the 17-star one. It doesn't make sense to make players participate twice in a very time consuming event when they could have gotten the reward the first time around. What's more, this time around you have to get 120 boxes, 24 more than the 96 it used to be, for a rewards that will lose most of it's worth once the new patch is implemented. If the weapon was 17-stars, like the one in the KMS event, it would actually give the people a good incentive to be happy about this change in the starforce system. As you know, this new starforce system makes it significantly more expensive and time consuming to reach end-game, making a lot of players feeling like it is unreachable. This is why this weapon would be a good thing for players that don't have the resources to be strong enough to complete content that would help them progress towards end-game, which are the mayority of the demographic participating in this event.

I think people should be rewarded properly for completing this event, and therefore, my request is to either adjust the weapon to be 17 stars, or at least make it 12, but with the possibility to starforce it to 17. This shouldn't be very difficult to do compared to actually implementing the 25 starforce system, and also given that this is the way this event is set-up in KMS. I do not see the point in completing this event otherwise.

Thank you,

Comments